Help from Carnivores

Louis walked out from behind the stall, the shoe and card were clenched tightly in his hands. His expression was one of pure shock. He could hardly keep a straight mind.

Haru was kidnapped by the Shishigumi...

Her chances of survival were decreasing with every passing second. Although, with it being the Shishigumi, her chances weren't that high to begin with. She could have just as well been digested right about now.

Louis was shivering, every thought pulling him into a different direction. The police certainly wouldn't help, the Shishigumi was in control of a large portion of the Black Market, and a decent part of the police station were carnivores themselves. It wouldn't surprise him if any were corrupt.

The mayor or any other authority figures would likely do nothing. The black market was a staple of carnivore order and stability. They most likely wouldn't want to jeopardize that, even at the cost of a student's life.

Louis walked towards one of the statues, his mind ripped to bits and pieces, all trying to figure out what to do. He sat down at the foundation platform, the meteor was in his line of sight. Tears began to well into his eyes as he remembered what he had planned to do.

He was going to tell her how he felt, leaving his facade behind. He would fight his "father" till his death for Haru. He would marry her instead of the doe he was engaged to. He would leave it all behind for the one he truly loved... But now, what could he do? She was kidnapped by one of the most notorious gangs in the whole city... he was powerless, like always...

Louis felt a shadow loom over him, the large presence looking down on him. He looked up to see Legosi, the wolf's face being etched with worry.

"Did something happen?" he asked. It was an innocent question. He didn't know what was going on, and he likely wouldn't understand anyway, all his friends are carnivores just like... But... Louis was his friend, wasn't he? Maybe the wolf would understand.

He sighed, looking down. The tears that he cried before had now fallen onto the ground, marking the spot of his sadness.

"Have you ever heard of the Shishigumi?..." The deer asked the wolf.

"No, I don't think I have."

Louis laughed softly, his nerves were already far beyond the breaking point.

"It's a gang active in the black market. They're a group made up entirely out of lions, formidable ones at that."

"Why are you telling me this?"

The deer wiped his face, holding out the items still grasped in his hand. The shoe immediately cleared up the situation, explaining the panic in which the deer had been. The smell of Haru was still coming from it, this happened less than fifteen minutes ago.

"...We need to call the police," Legosi said, still oblivious to how helpless they actually were. Louis still stared at the ground, laughing again at how clueless this powerful carnivore was.

"The police are powerless, just like us... The shishigumi control the black market, a large part of the police force are carnivores... And they are possibly corrupt as well." Louis's voice was weak, his mental breakdown exhausting him.

Legosi sat down next to Louis. He sighed, trying to find a way to help him... this situation was a terrible one.

Louis looked at Legosi. The wolf was troubled by this situation. No surprise really, he only used his instincts to do good. All other instinct lead carnivores were naturally repulsive to him. Louis thought to himself for a second. Never would he have thought that one day he would consider this clueless, dumb wolf a friend. How about that?