The second Performance

Bill stared into the mirror. They didn't have enough time to refit the costume, meaning it was a little too short on the arms and was tight against his chest. This really didn't help his nervousness. He was well aware that the audience was looking for a Grim Reaper with antlers. They expected a smaller, more agile Adler. They expected brown fur, not black stripes on an orange and white Furred Skin. Louis was who they wanted but couldn't get. The tiger looked over his features. Tonight, it would be a carnivore that takes the spotlight.

He wondered how Legosi was holding up, knowing full well that the wolf had never acted on a stage before. He and Louis didn't have much of a choice, however. Both the Actors and Dancing Team were working at full capacity, and there weren't any other members that physically fit the role, unlike the large, awkward, and docile wolf.

Docile wolf, huh? Yesterday something was different. It was as though shreds of confidence that he had been keeping suppressed have finally begun to leak out. The true nature of the friendly fanged beast finally revealing itself.

Bill loved being a carnivore. The raw strength and instincts that came with being a carnivore being a source of pride to him. Still, that didn't exactly stop him from being somewhat nervous. So, to combat this, he accepted something considered within this society to be taboo. He's always been a trusted friend with one of the older, more rebellious rabbits. It was through this connection that he was able to obtain it; the rabbit blood. He kept it... in case of an emergency, to give him that little extra boost. Blood had a calming effect on the nerves, satisfying the instinctual desires from deep inside him. He wanted to be as focused as possible for tonight's performance. It was his sure way to play Adler as masterfully as the club captain had done before him.

Suddenly, the door behind him opened, the smell of expensive perfume immediately revealing the person's identity.

"Have you come here to encourage me? To boost my spirits right before the show? Or maybe you're just here to tell me how useless I am, how a carnivore could never portray the Grim Reaper as you do?" The tiger was being honest... maybe a bit too honest.

"Hey, I'm just kidding." Bill tried to release some of the pressure he had already put on the conversation.

"Don't try to back out of your honesty. You aren't Legosi." Louis was being as cold as usual. "You'll do great, and you know that." Louis's small words of encouragement were a great boost of confidence for Bill.

"I will give life to your Adler. I'll make sure they feel your presence through my performance." Bill tried to reassure not only Louis but also himself.

"How high is your trust in Legosi?" Louis's interest in the wolf was still ever-present. Bill began to smile. "I heard you two put on quite the show last practice." The grin on Bill's face grew even wider.

"He'll do great. I think I know how to get the beast to come out." Bill said. Louis was curious, scanning the tiger.

"Really?" The deer asked.

"I just need to treat him like a true carnivore... and he'll be right as rain." Bill was confident. You just had to know how to deal with Legosi, and he would act like you needed him to.

"Well, I hope you are correct. His performance is just as important as everyone else's." Louis trusted Bill. He really had no other choice, though. "Just be sure not to let the curse of bearing the role of Adler crush you. You'll surely break more than just a leg."

Legosi studied went over his lines for the twelfth time. The show had already begun, and it was only a few minutes until he had to act out his part. Bill replacing Louis had already caused enough trouble. The fans were confused. As Bill knew, they didn't expect Adler to walk on stage without antlers. The disappointment of Louis not being involved already having been voiced loudly by the audience multiple times. Bill was under more stress than he could have ever expected. He started to feel more empathy towards Louis. The deer always had to perform perfectly as everyone expected him to.

Legosi only felt a fraction of the pressure that threatened to crush Bill, but the small amount was already beginning to feel like massive weights on his shoulders.

"You'll do fine, trust me." Legosi looked up, her amethyst eyes meeting his. Her brown fur, contrasting the cream-colored fur that ran down her face and chest beautifully. He looked down.

"I'm really not sure about all of this." Legosi sounded defeated, his shoulders slouched forwards.

"Just trust in yourself, remember what happened yesterday... I believe in you, Bill believes in you, and we can surely bet that Louis does too." Juno's words of encouragement fell on deaf ears.

"But what if I fumble my lines? Or I can't get into the same mindset of yesterday? There are just so many more things that could go wrong. I-" Juno had stopped listening completely. The nervous wreck of a wolf was being adorable beyond belief. His handsome features being prominent even while he was stressed. If only she could just... calm him down somehow...

She had an idea.

"Juno? What are you-" She gently pulled his muzzle towards hers, scooting closer until finally, his world exploded into fireworks and pure light. The warmth of her lips lighting his chest into a blazing inferno. Many hormones and feelings shot down his veins, the heat filling his body.

As they separated, Juno looked away, slightly embarrassed. She had kissed him without a conscious effort.

"I-" Whatever she tried to say was cut off by Legosi kissing her again, her arms instinctively hugging his lean frame. The warmth that traveled between them ignited them both, engulfing them in a mutual fire of passion and love. On the second time they separated, Legosi rested his forehead on hers, his eyes closed as he held her close. They both stayed that way for a moment. No words need to be said. They both knew exactly what the other wanted to say... I love you...

When the others motioned Legosi to enter the stage, he looked back at her again. The nervous blushing from both having changed to loving moments of eye contact, both of their tails wagging furiously. He walked on stage, sword in hand, the stage-lights engulfing him.

He stood straight and tall as Bill said his lines, "You must be the final Demon. Allow me to escort you into the next world!" The wolf presented his sword, eager to fight.

"The Grim Reaper shouldn't fall for a mortal. Let this serve to be a lesson, not to allow a mortal bewitch you." His confidence was at its peak now. A part of him was beginning to have fun. His face feigning cold resentment for the act, all the while his tail remained slightly wagging, a thing that Legosi couldn't fully control. Bill smiled beneath his mask, the wolf was finally beginning to give it his all.

"No one, no Demon or God shall stand between me and my love. ELLEN!" His voice was powerful. "You shall fall like the others..." Both held their swords with a fierce grip, leaping into battle.

After the curtain call and the disappointingly quieter applause, Legosi changed back into his normal school uniform and left the theater, where Juno was waiting. Both, once again, without saying a word, mutually decided to simply take a walk. The two of them enjoying no one else but each other's company...