Kiss Kiss, Hug it Out

"You need new clothes honey. Why would you think an orange jumpsuit is okay?" Naruto hadn't expected to see Shikamaru's mother at the clothing store, she happened to be passing by and saw that he was just grabbing an orange jumpsuit.

She knew the child faced discrimination, the entire Nara clan did and they always made sure to keep an eye on the child if they seen him in public, and now it was even vigilant because their heir was his mate.

So if the Nara clan was the only clan doing something to make sure that child was being taken care of, they would do that.

"I don't mind it." Naruto said but the woman calmly took the suit back to the rack it was on and ushered him to try on other things. See what his style was.

Yoshino didn't see anything but a child to shy to speak up against his own injustice, he would rather just shy away and deal with it, rather than burden anybody with his problems. She knew that he was kind hearted and would fit well within the Nara clan.

"I don't like these, I'm sorry. I can just grab the jumpsuit and be on my way." Naruto said handing the clothes back to Yoshino but he wouldn't meet her eyes, he wasn't a very good liar or somebody who could easily mask his emotions.

She wondered how he fooled everybody in the academy.

"I'm glad you like them, I'll buy them for you. Come on now." Yoshino calculated in her head how much this would cost. It shouldn't have costed more than forty five bucks, including tax so when she was charged about seventy bucks she only smiled and spoke.

"Let me speak to your manager dear." The young clerk froze, before she nodded and headed to get her manager. The manager walks out and Yoshino proceeds to speak calmly talk about the clothes and how they are rung in to be incorrect and she's paying more than she should've, the manager looked at her, the monster that was shuffling on his feet and then to her associate who folded her arms.

"That's the price demons pay, and extra charge for us servicing them." Naruto shrunk a little and Yoshino smiled.

"You aren't serving a monster, You are serving me and Naruto. A human child who is protecting us all from the Kyuubi. You all would know that had you had listened to the third Hokage's speech." They froze and Yoshino gathered the bags.

"Just for that, since you all want to be the real monsters here, we are taking these clothes. If you want to complain about it tell the Hokage, but make sure you tell him how you tried to over charge a child who doesn't have enough money to pay the fees." Yoshino grabbed Naruto's hand and smiled.

"See ya now!" Naruto looked up at the woman who had managed to get him clothes and for free. He didn't want too but he had started crying, tears fell from his eyes as the woman walked him back to his home.

She hated that he lived in this home, but if Shikamaru could keep falling for the child he could move into their clan and be safe and protected. Loved and fed.

"What are you crying for huh? We've managed to get you some pretty cute clothes." Naruto wipes his tears and spoke.

"Why are you all so nice to me? Why do you all care about me?" Yoshino hummed.

"Misunderstood is what you are, however a clan full of geniuses know that you are special and worth knowing. So allow us to know and take care of you, even if you decide you don't want to be with Shikamaru." Naruto nodded and calmly hugged himself, a coping mechanism to try and calm himself down.

Right around that time Kurama would push chakra around to make him realize he wasn't alone. Which it worked and Yoshino was surprised Naruto and the Kyuubi were on such great terms. When the stumbled into Naruto's hallway Shikamaru and Shikaku were there.

Shikamaru looked to be anxious while Shikaku wanted to calm him down.

"He isn't answering. I told him I'd be over today. You think he's sick?"

"I'm sure he might just be a heavy sleeper. Knock a little harder."

"No I feel anxious, like I was on a verge of a panic attack. He might be in the village. He hates being in the village alone. Come on." Shikamaru went to grab Shikaku hand determined to find Naruto.

"We all care for you, especially Shikamaru." Yoshino said and Naruto sighed and spoke.

"I'm right here Shikamaru." Naruto voice carried despite how soft it was. Shikamaru looked up and his face softened. He walked to Naruto and sighed.

"Are you alright." Shikamaru took the bags from his mothers hands and watched as Naruto smiled softly.

"Yoshino got me new ninja clothes." Shikaku walked back to his wife as he watched the two teens talk to one another. Shikamaru seemed to light up around Naruto, and Naruto was slowly opening up to Shikamaru.

"Did you eat today?" Naruto frowned and bit his lip. Shikamaru folded his arms and watched as Naruto made some excuse.

"I... I uhm." Naruto trailed because he could feel the look Shikamaru gave him.

"I guess it can't be helped. Let's go eat I'm pretty hungry." Shikaku hummed as he watched as Shikamaru extended his hand, Naruto grab it and apologized for not eating this morning.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to eat. Don't be mad." Shikamaru could never be mad at Naruto. Even if he went on a killing spree, he would not be mad in the slightest.

"It's alright, you'll just have to eat a little extra. What do you want for dinner?" Naruto grabbed his key and unlocked the door.

"Rice and chicken, covered in a gravy sauce." Naruto said and Shikamaru nodded, walking into the house and closing the door after them.

Shikaku chuckled a little as him and Yoshino headed home. Knowing Shikamaru might stay the night with Naruto. Yoshino hummed as she looked at her husband.

"What's so funny?" She asked as they realized it was later in the day since the sun was started to set. Shikaku smiled and looked up at the heavens.

"Shikamaru and I had eaten before we went to Naruto's home." Yoshino smiled and hummed. Listening as her husband chuckled a little more.

"He really does adore Naruto. Only if Naruto would open up a little more." Yoshino said and Shikaku nodded.

"So what does this seal do?" Shikamaru loved alone time with Naruto, Naruto was happier when they were alone and they talked about seals. Pure enjoyment on Naruto's face made Shikamaru happy.

"So this is a chakra nature seal. Place your chakra into the seal and if you place it on somebody or something the nature of the chakra would bind them." Shikamaru looked at Naruto.

Naruto was smart, truly smarter than most of their classmates, learning and drafting out seals took incredible focus and brain energy.

He was falling for Naruto.

"You are smart. You want to be a seal master correct?" Naruto nodded and Shikamaru ruffled his hair watching as a blush stained Naruto's cheeks.

"You will be the best in the lands." Shikamaru answered and Naruto went to hug Shikamaru. Placing his body in his lap and resting his head against Shikamaru's chest. Inhaling calmly as he felt Shikamaru's hands on the back of his head holding him tightly.

Naruto really appreciate how much he could be himself around Shikamaru. Leaning into the man he loved and maybe even loved as a soulmate he spoke.

"Thanks for being here for me." Naruto said and Shikamaru smiled and nodded.

"Of course, I just hope you'll allow me to stay here forever." Shikamaru said and Naruto closed his eyes, feeling himself getting sleepy.

*

🥰🥰