I Love You

"Sensei." Asuma looked down and saw his Genin coming. Naruto was being carried by Kurama who actually looked to be sleeping. Shikamaru seemed to be ignoring Choji who was talking to him about something and Ino was the one that called out to him.

"I really don't have enough energy to deal with your screaming today Ino." The poor girl looked offended, but she did scream whenever Naruto managed to do something before her, claiming that it's because he had more chakra than her to which everybody would look at her and just roll their eyes.

"I'm not. Choji's and Shikamaru are fighting." Asuma rolled his eyes.

"Let me guess, it's about Naruto." Ino frowned and folded her arms.

"I honestly don't know." Kurama kept walking away from the fighting teens. Shikamaru had tried to ignore Choji but then he brought up the one word he hated the most.

"Fuck Choji shut the hell up! Why are you all concerned about my life! My soulmate! He makes me fucking happy ecstatic even. He makes my life brighter and I actually feel the need to go above and beyond for him. How many times do I have to tell everybody that he isn't a fucking monster!" At the word monster Naruto's eyes opened, he could feel Shikamaru's rage clear as day.

"You all petted Kurama, a tailed beast that was soothe by the one person that you all are still calling a monster? Why are we calling him a monster still? Is it because his sealing abilities are far better than your clan techniques? You do realize he is an Uzumaki and sealing is in his blood right?" Shikamaru said and Naruto got off of Kurama.

"His clan is basically gifted sealers, of course he would be the best fucking sealer we have right now? Or is it because he can control his chakra better than you and Ino? With the amount of chakra he has it's has been harder for him to control it! He often makes me stay and work with him after you all leave so he doesn't burden you or Ino!" Shikanaru was pissed his shadows were thrashing around him and he was actually about to kill his teammate.

"What is so damn hard about liking Naruto the same way y'all like Kurama? Why are we still so obsessed with the thought of my soulmate being a monster! He's improving faster because he's actually training with me and my clan, along with Kurama, Naruto gets about three hours of sleep because he doesn't want to let you and Ino down, he doesn't want to be weak and not be able to do his part within the team. Then here you are bashing somebody who's putting in more effort than you."

"FUCK YOU CHOJI. I'm breaking the alliance!" Ino and Asuma's eyes widened. Choji eyes did as well and Naruto sighed and walked over to the duo.

"You can't! It's been in our families for generations!" Choji said and Shikamaru shrugged his shoulders.

"It doesn't matter. Ino has not said one mean thing to Naruto since we became a team. You are an insecure piece of absolute dog shit to sit here and talk about somebody who doing so well with their life now trying to make them feel small. Fuck you asshat!" Naruto walked over and gave Shikamaru a soft smile.

Shikamaru shadows calmed down, and Naruto spoke softly.

"How about we call a clan meeting before you decide this. Your three meet on the weekend, so invite the heads and your mothers. You all talk it out before you let anger cloud your judgement Shikamaru." Naruto said calmly, Shikamaru scoffed.

"How could you be so nice to people who only want to condemn you? I want to kill everybody who hates you, how do you have so much self control?" Shikamaru asked, softening as Naruto placed his hand to his cheek. Shikamaru's eyes closed and Naruto rubbed his hand against Shikamaru's cheek.

"If I killed everybody that called me names, I would be the monster that they love calling me. So let's train, and go take that IQ test okay?" Shikamaru nodded and Naruto pulled away from Shikamaru and looked to Asuma.

"All diffused, what are we going to do today?" Naruto asked and Asuma was going to have them spar but Shikamaru still looked upset so he decided he would test them in weapons and chakra control.

By the time they were done Naruto and Shikamaru left to go take the IQ test while Ino and Choji went home to tell their parents of the upcoming meeting.

Shikamaru and Naruto were a lot better about showing affection in public. It wasn't that Shikamaru ever had a problem with it but Naruto didn't want to draw anymore looks than he was already receiving. However he was a lot more comfortable with himself. The word monster didn't cause him to have a full panic attacks like it had before, and looks didn't bother him either.

So they caught up with the Nara's, the entire clan went at once and when they saw the young couple they all had smiled on their faces, Kurama following them contently as Naruto was being talked to by Shikamaru's uncles.

"Shikamaru is really lucky." Which made Shikamaru roll his eyes but the uncles laughed.

"Don't make my child jealous Sumihiro." Yoshino said and the male nodded, before ruffling Naruto's hair.

"How are those seals coming Naruto." Naruto gasped and held his newest one up.

"This is a seal you place on you Kunai. It allows you to defect ninjutsu with it. Like a nullifying weapon." The clan all nodded their heads and sung their praises while Shikamaru latched his hand with Naruto's missing the connection.

"You are really smart Naruto. I'm sure you'll get a high score on the test." Sumihiro said and Naruto smiled and said a small thank you.

When the Nara's occupied the council room, Naruto sat next to Shikamaru as the test were put next to one another. Time was called and he filled it out, it didn't seem all that hard to him, and so when he finished. He and Shikamaru seemed to get up at the same time.

"You finished?" Shikamaru asked which made Naruto nod.

"Can we go cloud watch from your window?" Naruto asked handing Hizuren the papers and Shikamaru nodded.

"Of course." So Naruto and Shikamaru left and Kurama followed them. They talked lowly and headed to take showers and then to crawl into bed, with Kurama laying at the door of the bed.

"It's almost a year since we've been paired." Naruto said in a low whisper and Shikamaru nodded his head. He sighed. It was eight months since they have been paired.

"If you aren't ready we can always ask for an extension. They allow that." Naruto was ready, he just didn't know how the village and his classmates would act with him marrying into the clan.

"Are you not ready?" Naruto asked, hoping Shikamaru was ready. Shikamaru sighed and tightened his hold on Naruto humming into his mixed colored haired

"I'm ready, I don't mind if you aren't. Just as long as you don't leave me unmated." Shikamaru said and Naruto closed his eyes, drifting to sleep as he felt warm and safe.

"I'm ready. I've been ready. I love you." Naruto said, his heart beating a mile a minute before he felt a kiss to his cheek and a sigh of relief.

"I love you too Naruto." Naruto broke out into a grin and eventually drifted to sleep, the villages reaction was barely on his mind.

*