Eight Year Time Skip. (End)

"Mommy, this seal is troublesome. Can you please help me with it?" Naruto came out from the kitchen with a drink for his son. He smiled fondly as his son had sealing ink all over his hands and cheek, it was like looking in a mirror.

His son had raven hair with blonde highlights. One whisker mark on his cheek, beautiful blue eyes and creamy skin.

"Of course honey. So what's wrong is that you are stroking the wrong way. You need to remember to go right before left, always Satori." Satori nodded and for a little they drew up seals before Naruto realize what time it is.

"Come on, lets head somewhere." Naruto held his hand out to his child. He quickly slid on his shoes and his child shoes before walking out with him.

Satori was amazing in sealing and also his shadows. The eight year old child loved sealing more than anything. Something he definitely got from his mother, he enjoyed his sleep and slept like a log but he didn't really nap like his father and clan.

He worked, and he wasn't Lazy in the slightest but those verbal ticks came out whenever he felt he let out too much effort to the task at hand.

"Mom, can you tell me what it was like growing up for you?" Naruto chuckled as he walked out the clan, waving to everybody before stepping out into the village.

"Sure so I was born and made a Jinchuriki, you remember that word right?" Naruto watched as his son nodded and he spoke.

"The village use to hate me, my childhood wasn't really good. I didn't like living, I drowned myself into seals and training so I could become this strong ninja." Satori gasped.

"You did, you did become the sixth Hokage!" Naruto chuckled at his child's antics, he did before he let Sasuke take over for him after the lands finally found peace, and so he could raise his son from home and not the tower.

Yes, but when you turned fourteen, you took a test. Your soulmate test." Naruto smiled fondly, as Satori looked so interested.

"At first I didn't know why a system had to decide my fate you know? Why couldn't I pick my own soulmate? Why was I destined to be with somebody that hated me?"

They arrived and Naruto's sat down, bringing Satori into his lap.

"Yeah, that seems a little sketchy mom." Naruto chuckled and nodded.

"Yet the system paired me with your father. He's a good man, smart and didn't trust a word anybody said about me, he helped me through a lot. Him and the Nara clan." Naruto smiled, as Satori seemed to be so interested in the story.

"They loved me, fed me, took care of me and showed me that life is worth living, whether I wanted to be your fathers soulmate or not, they still welcomed me and that's a type of love that made me the person I am today." Satori smiled and nodded.

"So Father?" Naruto smile fell and he didn't want to cry in front of his child but, he always did when he mentioned this story.

"Your father was a great ninja, the best ninja in the lands. He was lazy, unless he had to deal with me. Protective, and sweet." A sad smile was etched on his face. Satori almost regretted bringing it up.

Almost.

"He adored me, even when I forgot to take care of myself, or I was having panic attacks, and even when I would cry in bed for hours wondering why everybody hated me." Naruto said softly.

"He would sit with me when I was too invested into seals, he bring me food, check up on me. Walk me into the village, train with me, and make sure that I did everything I wanted to achieve in this world. I loved him more than anything in this world." Satori watched as tears fell down his moms face.

"Being a ninja is a risky job, you might not come home from a mission but you don't think about that. You think about keeping your village safe, and your love ones protected and that what your father did." Naruto cried, but felt his son wipe his tears.

"You father saved this village, but that also meant that he didn't come home with the others. Satori, your father died in battle. He died a ninja, he saved this village but..." Naruto trailed and wiped his eyes and Satori hugged his mom.

"Don't cry momma. I'm sorry I even asked." Naruto shook his head and held his child, sitting right in front of his husband grave. He brought Satori here every year on Shikamaru's birthday and the anniversary of his death.

Satori has asked about him when he was four but it was still an open wound for Naruto, and clearly eight years later, he still hadn't gotten over the pain of finding out Shikamaru died.

When the group Shikamaru was assigned too came home three months later, Naruto had been happy. He could finally tell Shikamaru he was pregnant, carrying their son.

He was called to the tower and he just thought that Shikamaru was injured, a little serious and Tsunade was going to escort him to the hospital, but then Choji handed Naruto a box, he opened it and saw Shikamaru's ring, a necklace he was wearing at that moment and a note folded to fit the box.

The note went on to say that he didn't think he was going to make it. Two months into the mission, the day before they were to eliminate the Akatsuki, it was found out that they were trying to capture all the Jinchuriki's, and so Shikamaru drafted a plan to kill the entire Akatsuki and save the lands

He used the seals Naruto made him with his shadows to kill everybody before he want up against Madara, and although he had the element of surprise Madara was no easy opponent.

He died in his battle against Madara, everybody else was passed out from chakra exhaustion, but Madara was killed by Shikamaru and so he did complete the mission.

But at what cost?

"So Satori, your father was an amazing man. You are just as amazing as him. His name was Shikamaru Nara, and he loved you. He was obsessed with the thought of a child like me, and you are just like me." Naruto said kissing Satori on his forehead and Satori sighed hugging his mother tightly. Naruto closed his eyes and let small tears fall down into sons hair.

Funny. Naruto swears he feels somebody wrapping their arms around him in a warm yet comfortable hug, as the wind blew in front of his husband grave.

*

Please don't kill me.

I love y'all.

I'll just go to my crying corner now.

-Amiyah