Eight

Roman's POV

I paced the living room of my fiance's guest suite as the doctor tended to him in his bedroom.
I kept the door open cause I don't trust anyone with my fiance.

The doctor walks out and gives me a grim smile.

"Your fiance is fine now Mr McKlein. I do suggest that you monitor his pill intake for now. Make sure he's taking them" he says and I frowned.

"Pill intake?" I asked as he shows me the paper.

"Your fiance has asthma attacks but they aren't as serious as his sleeping. He takes pills to sleep because he can't sleep without them. The syndrome isn't something we've encountered before. Its called Psychological Sleeping disorder. So basically, his mind falls asleep but his physical body can't due to maybe something triggering from his past. And so he's awake at various times in the middle of the night and when its worse, he.....throws up blood. A lot of it. Mr Scarlatti needs to replace that blood by eating nutritional food that will replace that blood quickly.
I suggest a lot of healthy, balanced meals so he can get better. The signs of his PSD is that he'll maybe loose his breath sometimes, his body shakes, his temperature drops tremendously and he's going to be looking paler. If its worse than his usual symptoms is that he'll feel too sleepy and tired to get out of bed. So its your duty to keep him exercising cause if he doesn't, his body temporarily shuts down  and he can possibly have a stroke or paralysed for the rest of his life" I just nodded not being able to stomach all that.

"T-thank you" I said as I tipped him as he leaves.

I walked into the room seeing Matthew sleeping. I changed him outve his tux suit and pulled on a pair of of gray sleeping pants and a plain white shirt.

I let him sleep as I entered his bathroom.
Putting the toilet seat down, I sat and just cried.

He'd been through so much and I did make things worse for him.

I don't remember how long I cried until I heard a knock at the bathroom door.

"Roman?are you there?" I heard his voice ask as I wiped away my tears.

"Uh yeah..... Yeah, I'm almost done" I said as I got off the toilet seat and washed my face but even a blind man could see that I'd been crying.

"Hey, you're awake" I said smiling as I opened the door.
He gives me a confused look before he sees the description paper in my hand.

He scowls as he walks away packing up his things.
"What are you doing?" I asked as he shoves his things in his expensive looking travel bag.

"Leaving" he says as he continued packing.

"Why?" I asked as he stops giving me a side glance.

"That. Its because you have that look of pity in your fucking eyes Roman. I don't want your fucking pity,OK?and I don't want to marry you" he says as he continues packing.

"I'll admit I got a bit shooken over the news but that doesn't mean I want you to leave. I know you think you can't marry someone like me because you think of yourself as damaged material but I don't fucking care Matthew. You can have cancer, HIV or Ebola and I'd still marry you within a fucking heartbeat.
You can be paralyzed or fucking demented and I would NEVER. NEVER change my mind about the way I feel about you. Let me show you I can love you. Give me a chance, Matthew. Please.
I want this. I want us, I want us to be that couple who have raw make up angry sex when we're pissed at each other. I want us to have those cliche dates and staying up late at night binge watching on porn or something" I said as I held his hand stopping him from packing.

"I don't think couples do that" he says and I laugh through my tears.

"Whatever. What I'm trying to say is I don't fucking care whether you've got that disorder going on for you. I want to take care of you and be there for you. Be your personal punching bag or some sort of sex doll slave when you feel frustrated from work" he gives me a soft smile, showing me his dimples.

Fucking adorable.

"I don't want to be a burden to you Roman" he says and I pulled him to my chest.

"You're not a burden baby" I told him as he wraps his arms around my waist and I kiss his curly locks that smelled like honey.