𝟮𝟭. roundtable

CHANGE | CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

     𝐀lthough Cloud might seem untouchable, she has her weaknesses; she has a soft heart, and she either worries too much or too less, there is no in-between

     𝐀lthough Cloud might seem untouchable, she has her weaknesses; she has a soft heart, and she either worries too much or too less, there is no in-between. She's not as strong as people make her out to be. She's not perfect, she never was. Sure, she liked being seen as someone independent, someone who doesn't need protection, but deep inside, her heart longed for someone to do the same to her: Protect her and make her feel special.

    But sometimes, those ideas just completely fly out the window. Because at the same time; she liked being alone, she liked doing things without other people trying to stop her. However, why in the world did her heart beat become faster whenever somebody mentioned a certain firebender's name? It didn't make any sense. Cloud hasn't felt that in years. It was strange yet all too familiar.

    "Thanks for ditching me back at Zaofu," Lin said sarcastically, annoyance etched on her face.

    "Yeah, sorry about that. But, how did you all find us?"

    "I am a detective, you know."

    When Asami asked her if she'd seen the two brothers; Lin's answer made her feel even more worried. They had been captured by Zaheer's crew, and for the umpteenth time, she felt terrified of what they could do to her friends. Especially when the radio mentioned the Earth Queen and that reign had come to an abrupt and violent end. 

    Look, she might not like the Earth Queen, but she pitied her. No one deserved to die like that. Her heart ached with fear that Zaheer was capable of ending someone's life. The fact that he went against everything the airbenders stood for was shocking.

    "The Red Lotus," Korra said hardly as she glared at the floor. Cloud drowned out the sound of the mild chatters and the classical music playing from an old radio after broadcasting about the Earth Queen's demise. 

    "What's that?" Tonraq asked, his brows furrowed as he voiced out everybody's question.

    "The name of the group that's been trying to capture me and just took out the Earth Queen. I'm afraid this is only the beginning, Dad."

    Cloud didn't know how many hours had passed, but it felt like decades. She didn't want to sit still and do nothing, but unfortunately, those things were exactly what they needed to do right now. Well, they also had to plan something to get their friends from Zaheer's evil clutch because there was no way she was leaving them there.

   Despite the scorching sun, Cloud sat at the top of a building, her legs dangling over the edge while she lay on her back with her eyes closed. A couple of spirits lounged around her; some were messing with her hair and burying themselves underneath her brown locks. Some were jumping around and watching every tiny movement she made as if it were the most interesting thing in the world.