Chapter 14: Counter Combo

(J-monster's POV)

All of us were shaking heavily, we couldn't stand properly on our feet.

Our first debut, our first song and even the one that came after it.

The anxiety of knowing everyone is awaiting something big from you, everyone watching you closely.

But I had looked at the other six girls, all of them in the same shoes.

They had a shaky smile, chanted our slogan and strong back of the leader strode forward, leaving us all behind just for a second before we went after her, the bright lights illuminating her from afar, making her look bigger than she was.

'We will do it. All of us seven are going to survive this together', she had said firmly without looking at us and so we made our way in frilly school-uniform dresses matching our theme entering our first stage.

As I woke up from my little flashback the very same K that just flashed by from two years ago stood in front of me, patting Zeya's and Varoe's shoulders.

"Are you ready guys? The eight of us are going to write history!", that sentence seemed so off, so strange in my ears.

I couldn't comprehend them.

There was one face missing.

The traitor's face.

We weren't wearing frills today.

Well they are cute but hell no I don't want to wear something like that again.

It's not my style.

No, there was not a hint of frills today.

We were wearing all the same, all clean white military commander uniforms that were tailored elegantly, feminine and graciously for us girls.

No skirts today, black high-quality pants, golden buttons and accents on our clothes with little crimson lines on our epaulettes were little gold chains were attached, fake military badges on our chest that looked a little bit too fancy.

Formal suits today.

Only three of us who Minho thought were capable to do so, wore a long black cape with crimson inseam and a white captain hat with shiny black parts and little gold symbols.

I was one of them and the other ones were K and Varoe.

If Varoe would be the right choice, I would still overthink that.

Makii would totally trip over it and P-love would roll herself up in her cape just like Mina would.

Well leaves only her I guess.

Pulling my hat a little bit to the side I looked at the mirror.

Today is war, revenge and even more.

Let's see how big your mouth is after that Chase.

"J-monster, why are you late. Get in line!", K yelled at me.

Today is not my day.

We positioned ourselves on the stage, everything was dark.

They couldn't see us but we could see them.

My eyes scanned the crowd until I spotted the first familiar face.

Canon.

Right, the fire that had brought this whole calamity into life, that made this song and the stage we are doing today the way we would perform it, it's all for you.