Chapter 23: A certain place

(Makii 's POV)

My whole body was shaking, internally or externally I couldn't really distinguish anymore.

I had already knocked several times on Baek Minho's apartment door but the was utter silence, not a single noise inside, and while I was considering the fact that he could be there but was ignoring me, my shaking was becoming even more severe.

Grasp yourself together, you are probably just overthinking.

Maybe he didn't hear the door.

Or he isn't home.

Yes, that must be it.

A slight rush of relief before my stress level went back to max.

Or maybe he is really ignoring you because you really hurt him, you piece of trash, stupid girl, ignorant and selfish scum.

I wish my thoughts would just stop until I knew what was going on.

Lately all I could do was overthinking to a point I felt restless even at night.

My eyes wandered over the door next to Minho's.

Mum was hospitalized again, so money is short for a while I don't even know how to help since we are still in debt right now.

Considering people always say stars live the good rich life, it was a flat-out lie, maybe if you are so popular that you could pay off the huge debut debt you start with, maybe even then you couldn't pay them off that easily but right now I am even more broke than before my life in this business.

And on top of that Sang-ji and Hyuk-jin are acting all weird around me when I call them since they don't know I am fake dating Joon-woon, it is like they are trying to half avoid me or maybe that I am running away from our troubles at home.

No maybe, not they aren't the kind of guys who would go an theorize about that.

I hope.

My head felt like bursting from all those thoughts and still there was one thing bothering me the most.

Minho couldn't have chosen a worse timing than at that day to talk about money issues, and on top of that I can't get that scene out of my head.

Every time I recalled it my heart felt like shattering again.

"I am the worst, I am such a horrible person", I could only bring out but again my eyes travelled to Mrs Kim's door.

It has been more than an hour and he didn't appear, I guess this is my last resort.

I dragged my body to her door and hesitated for moment, my fist shaking vigorously before I could bring it to make a weird sound on the door far-away from a proper knock sound.

The door opened in a swift so that Mrs Kim who was wearing a wonderful floral dress appeared right in front of me, switching her stern expression to a gentle smile.

"Welcome little girl, I never had expected to see you around this time. Can I help you? No, I want to help you", it was like that her brown and deep eyes were reading me completely, no need for words or explanation, the phrasing just confirmed that.

I feel pathetic for bothering a lady like her while she must have been busy.

"I just, want to ask something. Is Minho not home? I am knocking but he isn't answering the door so I assumed— ", the way I talked must have sounded like worried mess that she cut me off.