Chapter 15: New friend

(Lin's POV)

I held a book in one hand, a page between my index- and middle-finger, still contemplating if I should read the rest of the page that was boring me or if I should rather pretend to read while I was watching the new member across from the room.

With one leg crossed over the other my eyes stared over the pages and some rambled words that seemed to be called the-art-of-slang or something like that.

Somehow the book seemed funny at the beginning but the more I read the more I got used to the humour, it wasn't funny anymore, it bored me.

So why was I reading it?

Because I am feeling uneasy, that's why.

The pen in her hand moved swiftly across a notebook on her right leg while at the same time she was searching through a magazine on her right one.

BLACKPINK... again?

I narrowed my eyes not hiding my suspicion.

I am so bored.

A little smirk formed on my face.

"I must say you are a pretty talented songwriter", I told her honestly but still intending to push some buttons," why did you waster your time with that bunch of losers called RisingStar, you could have come far earlier, I wouldn't have minded at all", I was still gazing over my book just to see that her wild pen race across the notebook ceased and she lifted her head to give her full attention to me.

I felt intimidated to somehow.

Well this is new...

"Ah well, I didn't really get to that idea to be honest, I mean can you blame me? I am not to person to think stuff through in detail", she leaned back scratching her chin with her pen and going deeper in thought.

"I wasn't even sure that my songs seemed that good, you know?", she pointed at me not in a daring way but in a casual and easy-going manner, which I actually thought was really cool.

She sits a bit too casual and scratching your chin is not... really lady-like if you ask me.

"You express a lot of emotions, I like that", slowly I clapped my book close and let it slide on my lap, pointing back at her just as casual, but maybe not as casual as her.

"You think so?", her face was a bit too shocked as she accidentally let her magazine slip on the floor.

"Hey, you let Jisoo slip on the floor", I motioned to the celebrity's face who was now kissing the ground.

Without a second thought she jumped off the chair and kicked the magazine up, catching it with one hand.

Wait, how can you kick a magazine up?!

"No, I accidentally kicked Jisoo!", she screamed and looked like the world was about to end.

...

"You know, this is just a photo not the actual Jisoo. I think it's not a big deal", I muttered slowly resting my cheek in one hand and swaying with other one to Canon to show her it wasn't a big deal.

"But... I respect her. She is like that cool and cute big sister I would want to have", she acted like a fanboy not a girl that respected another girl.

I tried to comfort her.

"Is it true you can beatbox?", I asked her to change the topic.

Why was I even trying to comfort her?