Chapter 22: Break it, for good

(Minho 's POV)

Despite the fact that it was already evening it still felt like the day was stretching too long, longer than it usually lasts.

Maybe it was my foul mood or the fact that I was on edge after the destructive blast that my mother had given me.

I rolled over on the couch, squeezing a pillow against my chest which also pressed against my cheek making me almost bite my flesh inside.

"What did I even think? When did I turn so stupid?", I just mumbled while finally pushing my luck and bit my cheek for real, it stung but there wasn't much to complain about since the emotional pain was much more heavy than the iron taste in my mouth.

Blue eyes confronted me, watching me carefully right in front of me, almost hypnotizing with that deep colour and weird pattern, very different from human eyes.

William was just an inch away, staring intensely while not moving since half an hour now, he made himself comfy in front of my face.

You are worrying too much for the wrong person on top of that.

"Did your family abandon you, Will? Or did you leave and got lost in the process? Which one is it? Maybe we aren't that different in the end", and now he jumped off the couch and made his way to the bathroom.

I suppose he is basically saying it was a shitty question, how embarrassing.

I groaned out in despair.

Which one came first, did I abandon my family in my heart before leaving, or had I left their way which caused them to abandon me?

Clouded by selfish desires, ignorant to their own problems.

She had mentioned Tak's suffering...

Tak's truth, Dad's truth, her truth.

I felt empty.

Suddenly just empty.

After hours of too many overwhelming emotions it seems like something had snapped.

And now I it switched from hundred to zero.

As if all those emotions had drained me completely, like broken doll's battery that finally had stopped working.

Just empty and tired, slowly causing me to fight against my eye lids that started to close.

I am not done yet.

I didn't find my answers yet.

Before slumber had taken over me, I felt the little weight on my legs which must have been Will who decided to not leave me entirely in the end.

'I stared at the back of my older brother.

Him walking alongside dad, both conversing eagerly and in harmony.

It is him who he had chosen to be by his side not me.

I just stared and asked myself what if we weren't rich?

What if Tak and I could have lived like real brothers.

As I imagined how other brothers played with each other, fought, laughed, I felt this slight emptiness inside of me.

I grabbed my shirt tightly, very tight to hold back my sobs and tears.

As if I was squeezing my heart.

I caught Tak turning around a bit to steal a glance before he stopped for a short while and seemed to think about something.

My father stopped as well but did not even give me a glance let alone turn around.