1.0

That was precisely what Amelie did: working at the ice cream store of Mabel's parents. At first, it was only one weekend, but even at the race weekend, she worked at the store to get a distraction from the fact she couldn't be there. Amelie did some work at the office for Sky, but it wasn't much. She took a day off on Wednesday, just like Mabel.

"Thank you, enjoy," Amelie smiled at the costumers who just got their ice cream. She washed her hands and dried it with a towel what was hanging on her trousers. "Hi, can I help you?" She looked at the next customer, it was a cyclist, but somehow looked familiar. Amelie had a quick glance over the people in the store: one good, sunny day in England and people go to the ice cream store.

"Hi," the cyclist said and looked around. "Can we get a coffee?"

Amelie nodded. "Absolutely. Take away or on the terrace?"

"Take away, please," he answered. "Can I get a normal coffee, a latte and..." Another cyclist joined the man. "What do you want?"

"A water, please," the guy answered. His eyes fell on Amelie. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

Amelie parted her lips, now she got why the cyclist looked familiar; it was Jon, Lando's PT, and the guy was Lando. "Hey," Amelie smiled. "I work here." She looked at the tablet. "One coffee, one latte, and one water, coming right up. Then it will be a total of nine pounds, please. Card or cash?"

"Card," Jon said.

Amelie nodded. "Go ahead."

"Where were you last weekend? I didn't see you at the track," Lando said.

"I was burning down my school," she said and showed a cheeky smile. The look on Lando's face changed, and Amelie saw that. She wasn't in the mood to talk about it. "If you will wait outside, the coffees will be ready in a few, and we will bring it to you."

Jon smiled and nodded. "Thanks." He walked away, so did Lando, although he wasn't done with Amelie.

"Was that Lando?" Mabel curiously asked and wiggled her eyebrows when Amelie looked at her. "What an honour, a driver at the shop."

Amelie sighed. "Yup, that was Lando."

"You still need a break..." Mabel teased and made the coffee. "You can bring it to them and have a small break, we have enough people to fill in."

"Sure," Amelie said and stepped away from the counter. A girl took over Amelie's task. "Let's do the checklist in a few and make a list for the next shift," she suggested.

Mabel nodded. "But first, a break and a chat with Lando," she said. "Take your time, we have enough time left."

"Yes, ma'am," Amelie said. She grabbed a bottle of cold water and a tray to place all the drinks in it. She walked outside and looked for Lando; he and his friends were sitting by the river. It somehow felt normal to face Lando, but also really excited. She walked towards them. "Your drinks, gents."

"Ah, thanks," Jon said and grabbed the tray from Amelie.

Lando looked at her. "So how was burning down your school? You should've rung me, I would help you with it, remember?" There was a sparkle in his eyes, it made Amelie smile. "You did a good job doing it, you're not in jail."

"I know how to set a school on fire without getting caught," she cheekily said and looked around, the place was filled with people.

He smirked and opened the bottle of water. "But for real, why weren't you there last weekend?" His eyes were scanning her face. "Have a seat, and explain - if you want, don't feel attacked."