5.2

Just after noon, Amelie entered the restaurant and scanned the area; Mabel should be here somewhere. Her eyes fell on a young woman, and a smile covered her face. Amelie walked towards the table. This was their celebration lunch because they both passed their finals.

"When?" Was the first thing Mabel asked when she saw Amelie walking towards her.

"Good afternoon, Amelie. Long time no see. How are you? Congratulations on passing your finals, as well," Amelie sarcastically said and rolled her eyes. She sat down across Mabel. "Hey, May," she greeted her best friend.

"No, but for real, Mil. When?" Mabel said and looked overly excited.

"What 'when'? Dude, more context would be better to understand the bull crap you're saying now."

Mabel scanned Amelie's face. "You and Lando, making love. You have this glow, and I know you good enough for this. Plus you got officially together last night. So one and one is two."

Amelie straightened her face. "Bro, the first thing you say is 'when', what a way to greet people," she sighed. They both shortly laughed. "Last night," Amelie answered her question.

A happy cry left Mabel's mouth. "How was it? How did it feel? Tell me everything."

"Woman, just let me tell you something first," Amelie snorted; the way Mabel acted wasn't odd to her, this was how their friendship was. "I am just so awkward and stupid. So Lan asked me what we were, so I said: human beings. And then he asked me again. And I was like: stupid, because what else could I say, so I just answered like a stupid arse." Amelie began to laugh, it was funny but embarrassing at the same time. "But he meant the status of our relationship and I can't handle myself."

A laugh rolled over Mabel's lips. "Not gonna lie, this is something you would totally say. How did he react?"

"He laughed and said it was adorable."

"Cute."

"But this will follow me for the rest of my life, I swear." Amelie plastered a thin-lipped smile on her face and felt awkward about it.

"And the making love part?"

"Do I need to explain to you how to have sex or what?"

Mabel smirked. "No, I know how it works. But how was it, like rough or..? I can't imagine rough sex though, you two are the most innocent people I know, but you never know." She raised her hands and shrugged.

A shy smile curved on Amelie's lips. "It was like soft?" She looked away and felt her cheeks heating up. "You know, just slow and sweet, like real making love? Mate, I just cannot describe it because people can listen. And nobody wants to hear how people have sex while eating," she blurted and looked at Mabel.

She was grinning. "I know enough, babes. How cute. And now? Are you gonna go back to him tonight?" Mabel ran her hand through her hair.

"No, Sacha is coming home, and they invited friends. Lan asked me to stay, though. They will game all night, and he needs time with his friends alone. And I have things planned this weekend with Poppy and the Dutch fam."

"Hmm-hmm," Mabel hummed. "Ah, cute, Mil. I'm so happy for you that you are in a relationship. Will Lando be at the graduation?"

"Yep, he's happy to finally see the hellhole, so that says a lot about my vision of the school," Amelie neutrally said, what made Mabel laugh. She ordered drinks. "Who are you gonna invite?"

"Mum, dad, Connor and grandpa, I don't know who I should invite as a fifth person. You?"

"Lan, Poppy and Gerard for sure, but should I invite my dad? Or is that weird? Maxime and Joris are finishing up their studies as well, so they won't be there."

The fact Amelie called Nathaniel her dad, made clear to Mabel things were sorted and fixed between them. "No, I don't think so. It may be odd, but he's your dad and things like this are a one time moment in your life. And I think it's a good thing to do for you two."

"Yeah, true. I will ask him and Jackie to be there," Amelie weakly smiled.

The lunch consisted of sushi, a lot of chats about Mabel's ex Kevin, hot tea about classmates and about other shared friends, more hot tea and about the irritations of life. Mabel was scrolling through her Instagram feed, and Amelie was playing a game on her phone - just a moment of silence.

Mabel looked at the new post of Lando; a picture at the McLaren HQ with Carlos. But Lando was wearing a hoodie, a familiar hoodie. "Don't you have this hoodie as well?" She curiously asked Amelie and showed the photo.

Amelie eyes shot up to Mabel and then at her phone. "I knew I forgot something," she sighed. Lando was wearing her new avocado hoodie. "That's mine, little fuck."

"Oh."

"But I can't complain. I always wear his hoodies, so he can wear mine too. I don't care. As long as he doesn't steal it."

Mabel nodded. "You're sweet."

"It looks good on him, though," Amelie smiled.

And Mabel being Mabel, she read the comments, just to see if Lando's fans noticed the hoodie. The fans did, and they were hysterical. "Well, darling, they know about you and Lando," she smirked.

"Huh...what?" Amelie asked absently.

"Fans are commenting that you have the same hoodie, some fans are even saying it is your hoodie, so the speculations are beginning."

Amelie laughed like she was in pain and read some of the comments too.

One of them was: 'Amelie wore this hoodie last night in her story, and now Lando. We do not see them anymore on TV together in interviews or challenges. ARE THEY DATING????!!!!!!!'

"One morning without the contact ban and already this. Yes, we are fucked," she smirked.

"You two... A different type of human being," Mabel came to a conclusion and chuckled.