5.5

"I can see you're upset," Amelie said when she looked at Lando.

Lando tightened his jaw and looked at the road. He was driving to Mabel's place, to have dinner. "I'm sorry if I ruined your last moments at school," was the only thing he said.

"You did not," she said. "What's wrong?"

A sigh left his lips. "How do you want me to act if a boy confesses his love in front of my girlfriend? Cheer he got it off his chest? Compliment him on how proud I am of him?" Amelie bit on her lip. "I just... you are so bloody gorgeous, and you are the most beautiful person I know and seeing someone else is in love with you...no."

"I don't know that boy."

"But how come Mabel knows about it? And everybody else, like she said?"

"How I am supposed to know that? I don't pay attention to things I don't care about."

"How? Amelie, you always know everything," Lando sneered.

Amelie decided to keep her mouth shut. She turned away from him on her seat and looked outside. The surroundings passed the car, and the silence filled the car; only the radio was playing in a soft volume. Lando turned the volume up and focusses on driving. The entire drive was silence.

"I don't know that boy. I sometimes noticed some buzz around me when that guy was around, but I never knew it was because of him. I thought it was because those kids were just annoying. And I am sorry he confessed his feelings in front of you too, I didn't see it coming either," Amelie said and looked back at Lando. "And Lan... You are the only one. He would never make any chance." She laid her arm down on the armrest and moved her fingers. Lando grabbed her hand and waved their fingers together. Amelie pressed a soft kiss on the back of Lando's hand. The corners of his mouth slightly curled up.

After a few minutes, they arrived at Mabel's house. Lando parked the car and looked at Amelie. "I'm sorry I acted like a jerk," he began. "I just..." He was looking for the right words. "I don't want to lose you. And I know you don't know that guy, it's just the feeling other people like you."

She shook her head. "I would freakout too if some girl confessed her love to you while I am standing next to you." I would probably cause a scene, you handled it nicely. "What makes you think you would lose me?"

He looked down and shrugged. "I don't know. I have this kind of reputation, and I have heard from other people it caused many breaks in friendships and relationships because of the pressure. And why choose me and not someone whose life isn't hectic all the time?"

And there it happened, Amelie's heart broke. "No, Lan, please do not think like that," she whispered. "You are Lando Norris, a normal boy from Bristol who happens to be the sweetest, stupidest, funniest, dorkiest, huggable super person who can drive really well, like really really good. And I have fallen in love with you. I can't help it, but I am in love with you. And nothing, absolutely nothing, is gonna make me stop doing that." She could see that tears were forming in Lando's eyes. "And that Luke dude was an arsehole to do it in front of you, he could see that you are my boyfriend."

Lando looked up and looked at her, his sight became blurry. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

Amelie wrapped her arms around him and pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Don't be." She could feel how Lando was leaning against her and wrapping his arms around her too. It broke her heart to see him like this, how one stupid action could lead to this. It was brave of Luke to confess his love, it just wasn't smart to do it in front of Lando as well.

"Oh, my god, I'm ruining everything," Lando said when he pulled back.

"Nah, the real party hasn't started yet," Amelie said and smiled. She gave him a kiss. "Are you okay?"