4.9

The last mattress was placed on the ground in front of the couch, and the pillows and blankets were thrown on it. The curtains of the living room were being closed, and snacks and drinks were getting prepared. Everybody got changed into comfortable clothes after dinner.

It was a film night.

"Alright, what movie are we gonna watch?" Flo asked when she opened the Netflix app on the TV. "Or genre?"

"Horror," Oliver said. "So it will be horror."

Amelie's eyes rounded and she swallowed. There goes my sleep for a year.

"Horror... Does it have to?" Lando insecurely asked and stood behind Amelie. He wrapped his arms around her torso. It wasn't like he was afraid to show his feelings for Amelie in front of his family, but he kept some distance - so did Amelie.

"Uh, yes," Oliver said and sat down next to Cisca on one of the mattresses. "Horror it is," he pushed the idea through.

Lando pressed three kisses on Amelie's cheek. "Are you good?"

"Yes," Amelie whispered and smiled. "You?" Her eyes were resting on the tv while Oliver was taking over the direction.

"Hmm-hmm, me too." He was smiling. Amelie turned around in his arms, now facing Lando. "You're amazing," he softly said and gave her a small kiss. Their eyes locked, he could see in Amelie's eyes she was okay, actually okay.

"You're amazing too, Lan."

Everybody settled down on the mattresses, Cisca and Adam wished them much fun and luck during the movie and a goodnight. The family had welcomed and embraced Amelie, she already felt part of the family. And it felt good to everyone.

Both Amelie and Lando were hiding their fears for horror movies, they both didn't know this about each other, so it was about acting tough and keeping the reputation high. Amelie sat under the blanket, preparing herself for the mini heart attacks. Lando, on the other hand, was talking to Flo to keep distracted from the upcoming scary moments.

The film started, and regrets filled the living room. They were just ten minutes in, but there were at least two heart attacks already. Amelie put her hands in front of her eyes and gently watched through it. She didn't care anymore about the fact she would be a weak girl, this wasn't good for her mind and heart as well. Lando tightened his jaw and held in his breath. This was a horrible idea. He looked at Amelie, who was hiding her face behind her hands.

"Give me your hand," he whispered and put his hand on her leg. Amelie placed his hand in his and squeezed in it. "It will be alright." He was just saying that to comfort her, but there was barely trust in his own words.

The film continued, and it looked like the scary parts were over for now, but yet everybody knew the scary parts were coming up. It was silence around the house, which made it even more frightening. The heart rate of Amelie wasn't average anymore, her heartbeat on a fast rhythm in her chest, and at every noise, it started to race. She was surprised everybody around her was acting calmly. Lando had his heart rate under control now, but he was waiting for scary scenes.

But then a character popped up on the screen without warning. A shock went through both Amelie's and Lando's bodies, and they gasped for air. They immediately both looked at each with round eyes, both surprised on their reaction. Lando was pressing his lips into a thin line, trying not to laugh because it looked funny to him. Amelie scanned his face and saw his expression. They both burst into laugher and had the same laugh at the same time. He wrapped his arm around her, and they both fell on the mattress. His other arm was wrapped around Amelie's head. Their giggles filled the room.