1.1

Upload days:
Monday and Thursday
Monday, Thursday and Saturday ✔️

After the checklist at the store, Amelie went home, had a shower and changed her work clothes to something more casual; patchwork jeans and a simple white t-shirt with simple white sneakers. She was too lazy to do her makeup, so she decided to watch Netflix instead, making her almost leaving her house too late. So it was a quick and natural makeup look.

She was now standing on the sidewalk, across from the street where Lando was living. The surroundings were new to her, but it looked cool. Amelie sighed for a moment. Is this the right thing to do? If he sees me, there is no going back. But she wanted this. She wanted to get dinner with Lando and have fun. It was a change of scene, and it was better than spending another evening alone.

Amelie crossed the street and looked at the wall with the doorbells. Just as she wanted to press the bell, the door opened. A young man stepped out and held the door open for Amelie.

"Thank you," she said and walked in the building. She dug her nails into her palm for a moment; she was nervous. She took the stairs to the second floor. There was an elevator, but Amelie was too nervous to wait for it. She made her way up the stairs and immediately looked at the apartment Lando was living in. Amelie grew more nervous as she got closer to the door. There was no bell here, and Lando didn't know she was already here. Should she just knock on the door? Amelie decided to go with that and knocked on the door.

The door flew open, and Lando looked at her with a surprised look on his face. Amelie looked at him for a moment; he wore black trousers with a grey t-shirt. He didn't look too dressed up as well, which was a relief for Amelie.

"You're here! How did you come up? I didn't hear the bell or anything."

"Someone got out and held the door open for me."

"Well, welcome to my crib!" Lando stepped aside so Amelie could walk in. She stepped inside the hall of the apartment. "Can I get your coat? And can you take your shoes off?"

"No shoes in the house, I like that," Amelie said with a smile and took off her shoes. She gave her coat to Lando, who hung it on the coat rack.

They walked into the living room, and Amelie took a moment to look around. It was just a simple apartment, there was nothing unusual or unique about it. It was a men's house, she could tell that, but it looked friendly and welcoming.

"Nice flat," Amelie said while smiling. "Looks really nice."

"Thanks," he replied. "How are you? How were the last few hours at work? It looked nice and busy there." He offered her something to drink.

She nodded. "It was alright, finished the checklist for the day, instructed the evening shifters," she told him and followed him to the kitchen. "It is a shop of the parents of my best friend Mabel, one of the best ice cream bars in the surrounding, and as you could see, the weather was great, so people are attacking the ice cream bars."

A laugh rolled over his lips. "That is true. And even the coffee was good, so I get why people go to the store. Do you work there often?"

"Nope." Her eyes fell on the vegetables that were laying on the kitchen counter, Lando continued chopping some peppers. "I used to help Mabel and her parents during the holidays, take over their shift when they were going on holiday, manage some things since I barely go on holiday, and it's money. And I had nothing to do today, so why not?"

He nodded. "I'm making pasta, by the way."

"Hmm, sounds good. Can I help you with anything?"

"No, no, it's fine," he turned her offer down. "So things with Sky are really over?" Lando looked at her; she nodded. "Can't really believe that. You have talent, and you know how to interview. Have you found anything else?"