3.2

"I will send you the documents. I will see you tomorrow," Juniper neutrally said and left Amelie's room without saying goodbye.

Amelie stared in front of her and bit on the inside of her lip. Was it odd to say she was too tired to think about anything? She let herself fall on the bed and groaned. She crawled back under the blankets and grabbed her Piglet, who she pressed against her chest. Her cheeks started to heat up again when she remembered Lando had seen her stuffed animal. That wasn't exactly how she wanted it to be, but it was her favourite stuffed animal since she was a kid, and it gave her the support she needed these days.

A shock went through her body when one of her phones started to make a loud annoying sound. "Jeez," she breathed and grabbed her own phone from the nightstand. The notification on her screen said Mabel was playing a sound from the 'Find my iPhone' app. Amelie made it stop and looked at the messages on her screen; it were a lot of calls and messages she missed. Now she sort of understood the panic from Lando, Juniper and Peter. And her work phone probably had the same too. She ignored them all and FaceTimed Mabel.

When Mabel picked up her phone, she stared at her phone screen, just like Amelie, with a straight face. For a few minutes, it was silence between them, not because they didn't know what to say, but this was just what they needed. Amelie rolled over on the side and chewed on her bottom lip; something was bothering Mabel as well, Amelie could see that.

"May, what's going on?"

Mabel shook her head and looked away. Tears were forming in her eyes. "We need to talk about you, Mil."

Tears also formed in Amelie's eyes. "You can barely hold it together," she said, and her voice cracked.

"So can't you," Mabel whispered as soon as the first tears streamed over her face. "Kev and I broke up."

"What?" Amelie felt a tear stream down her face, she couldn't hold it back. Another bad news what reached her. "Why? When?"

Mabel burst in tears. "He...he cheated on me."

"What has he done?" It broke Amelie's heart to see her best friend like this.

"I was walking through the streets of London after I went to that repair store for my laptop and I saw Kevin walking around with some girl. I was hoping it was his brother, so I ignored all the alerts that were going off in my head. Then that girl came up to me, it was Katie as in katiegraphy from Instagram," Mabel told.

Amelie frowned. "That fashion influencer?"

Mabel painfully nodded and dried her cheeks. "As in that cunt, yes." She sniffed. "She asked me politely if she could take a picture of me because she totally loved my outfit and it perfectly fitted in her lookbook on her blog and Instagram. I went along with it because it wasn't any harm at first. Then that cunt turned around and was like 'Kev, baby, look at the photos. They are perfect.' And I knew it was wrong." Mabel gasped for air.

"My goodness, May... I'm so sorry..." Amelie whispered.

"I ran away, I was in panic. And later he explained he met her via friends and he fell in love with her, he couldn't help it. Kevin tried to ignore his feelings, but it didn't help. He said it was all him, not me, but what am I doing wrong that dick falls in love with miss influencer and stops loving me?" Mabel broke again and threw her phone away, she couldn't deal with her ugly refection on her screen. "Now I'm on that cunts Instagram with my look, and millions of people have liked it."

Amelie sniffed and pressed her lips on each other to hold back the overflood of tears in her eyes. Her head started to hurt of the pressure her eyes had to endure because of the tears. She couldn't hold them back anymore and broke again. "I'm so sorry, May. You don't deserve all of this. I wish I was in England to take care of you, but I am in bloody Canada."