5.4

It was shocking how quickly Amelie could change between faces; one moment, she was upset and hurt, and a few seconds after that, she was wearing a smile on her face like nothing was wrong. Yesterday's conversation was bothering Amelie, she couldn't stop thinking about it. The goal was to have a calm, formal conversation with William and Margaret, but it didn't take long for Amelie to burst out in anger. And she had to admit, she said horrible things, but she was in the heat of the moment. It made William act like a cold businessman, and he had said terrible things as well. Nathaniel tried to protect Amelie from everything, but Amelie was spraying fire, which made William doing it too. Nathaniel had no chance of protecting his daughter.

However, today was graduation day. Amelie and Nathaniel were waiting in front of the school for Lando, Mabel and her family to arrive. The office park was filled with students and their families.

"Milsie, woman, you look incredible!" Mabel almost shouted when she saw her best friend. "Damn, girl!" She walked over to Amelie and gave her a short hug before greeting Nathaniel.

"Says the lady who looks like a whole queen," Amelie complimented Mabel back and widely smiled. "You really look beautiful."

"Thank you," Mabel replied shyly; she was wearing a red wrap dress and golden heels, just to accessorise the outfit. "Is that the dress you showed me, but then in another colour?"

Amelie looked down and nodded. She was wearing a dark green coloured summer dress, but with more classy details, black heels and to top if off gold jewellery. "Yes, I liked this colour more."

"It does, it makes your eyes pop more."

Nathaniel was introduced to Mabel's family, and Poppy and Gerard arrived as well. Now they had to wait for Lando. Small conversations started between everyone. The ambience was luckily relaxed and comfortable. Mabel and Amelie talked about how much fun it was to see everyone dressed up, even the persons who used to wear casual clothes in daily life, are now dressed up in dresses and suits. Just like the teachers.

"So things with your dad are all cleared now?" Mabel asked. Amelie nodded, showing this was the only reaction she would share now. "Good. I thought you said Jackie would join Nathaniel. And where's Lando?"

"Jackie is in Australia, to shoot for Masterchef," Amelie casually replied.

"Excuse me?" Mabel dramatically replied. "You just said that like it was normal."

Amelie giggled. "Well, it's normal for her, she's a guest judge every season because she's a culinary journalist."

"Imagine being paid to eat the best dishes and write about it, or talk about it," Mabel dreamily told. "But mega cool, jealous,"

"I had the exact same reaction," Amelie said. "And Lando is on his way. He should arrive by now, actually." Her eyes were gliding over the people, but there was no Lando yet. She was wiggling on her legs and had a talk with Mabel about nonsense.

After a few minutes, everybody was called to enter the school for graduation. Amelie waited for Lando, but almost everybody was inside of the school, she decided to go to the canteen as well and just text him the details.

Lando walked towards the entrance of the school and noticed almost everybody was already inside of the school. His eyes were scanning the people; he didn't know anyone here and didn't recognise someone from Amelie's side. Light panic was flowing through his body. On that exact moment, his eyes fell on a girl, who was about to enter the school. Two people next to her looked like Mabel and Nathaniel. The girl had to be Amelie. That had to be Amelie. A smile curved on his lips, and he made his way to her.