3.4

The next day Amelie made sure she was on time at the track to sign the non-disclosure agreement at the McLaren hospitality. Zak and his people were really kind and caring towards Amelie, it almost didn't make sense to her. It was like they knew her, like she was part of their company. Little did she know Lando was the main reason for this. He was the person why she was accepted by McLaren. Not because he asked them to, but because he talked a lot about her what gave McLaren a good and positive impression about her. And this was the least McLaren could do for Amelie.

Amelie was wearing a cap and glasses, her hair in a low bun. Those were all the characteristics Amelie wouldn't wear in public, so her role as a secret guest was good. She was wearing discrete clothes, so she wouldn't stand out, but she could wish she blended in perfectly with the rest, but that wasn't the case. For some reason, guests were dressed up, almost overly dressed to get attention, what made the discrete looks just notable. A simple skinny jeans, white tee and black almost outworn All Stars were almost too remarkable, but yet Amelie decided to go with it.

She was making her way to the garage of McLaren. It felt unnatural to enter the garage, yesterday she was banned from McLaren or the team in general, and now she was a guest. And McLaren welcomed her like she was a lost member. Amelie filled her time with watching the F2 race and watching some Netflix. It felt odd to her to have free time, she was bored, since she couldn't do anything. She hadn't seen Lando a lot, he was mostly focussing on prepping for the race - what was understandable. When entering Lando's side, a few mechanics looked at her. She showed them a thin-lipped smile, and she looked around.

"Hey," Lando said and walked over to her. "How are you?" He grabbed her hand and looked her in the eyes.

Amelie's eyes lit up. "Hey," she softly said. "I'm fine." And she meant it, she was doing fine, better than yesterday. "You? How is everything looking for so far?"

A soft smile played on his lips. "Nervous," he giggled and looked around. "It's looking good... Sorry, I didn't have much attention for you this morning, I didn't mean to offend you."

She was shaking her head. "You were prepping for your race, I understand you don't have much time for me on those days. I have done enough things to fill in the time."

"And nobody caught you?" Lando looked back at her.

"Nope," Amelie confidentially said. "Well, I hope nobody has noticed me," she whispered unsurely.

"I'm sure nobody did otherwise you wouldn't be here," he said and winked. "I have to go, but Jon will be here soon, and Charlotte, Helen..." A smile captured his face.

She nodded. "I will be fine, don't worry about me. Good luck on the race, be careful, but have fun." Amelie wrapped her arms around him and looked over his shoulder, only to face Jarv, who had a soft smile on his face, and Randy, who looked at the two youngsters too.

"Thanks, Mil." He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pressed a small kiss on her cheek. It felt good to have Amelie on his side, especially since it was the first time. Usually, he would receive a message before a training, qualification or race from Amelie, wishing him good luck. But this felt better, he liked it, this was something he wanted more. "You have fun too." Lando let go of her and widely smiled.

"That is going to work," Amelie said with confidence.

Lando walked towards his crew, and Amelie walked over to the back of the garage to have a seat on a chair. There were a few questionable looks in the garage, mostly because of the people who didn't know about the contract, but knew about the contact ban. Even Zak greeted her, so it must be good. They ignored it and focussed on their job.