2.3

Amelie stood behind the camera's, watching the current interview Juniper was holding - it was the last one for Friday. This was the first time Amelie saw Juniper working in live tv from behind the scenes, and since Juniper begged Amelie to watch, Amelie came around and watched the interview from behind the scenes. She did it for Juniper, not for herself or the person who was being interviewed: her father William Deacon-Heisenberg. Amelie bit on the inside of her cheek and looked emotionlessly at Juniper. The interview was going about the investments of F1.

"You have been in the F1 business for a while now, your father as well. How are you children looking at the collaboration with F1?" Juniper asked and looked questionable at William.

"My three children are really excited and interested," William began.

Amelie's face straightened and she looked at her father with an are-you-kidding-me look. Is he even serious?

"Harrison works in The United States of America, meaning he has connections with Nascar, so the other side of the motorsport. Nathaniel is working for the bank in Europe, he, unfortunately, is in Singapore for a business trip. And Caroline is just happy and excited. We are delighted to have F1 as a partner."

And who am I to you? Not your child apparently. How dare you to say you only have three children while your fourth child is standing in front of you? Amelie raised her eyebrows and shook her head in disbelief. She placed both her hands on her hips and looked deadly in her father's eyes. Her heart was slowly breaking into pieces. It was known Amelie and her family weren't like the closest family, by far from that, but hearing her father say he had only three children while his fourth child was standing in front of him, was breaking Amelie. She wanted to interrupt the interview, yell in his face that she was his child as well, she wanted to cry and hurt him the same as he did to her.

She couldn't take it anymore. Tears were forming in her eyes. She walked away, she had to do it otherwise she would have caused a scene. I have not seen that man for six months and suddenly he shows up at my internship? And now I see him everywhere? And tells everyone he has three kids instead of four while I am standing in front of him? It became harder for Amelie to not break. She avoided every look she got, even the normal greetings from the crew around the paddock. Once she arrived at the public restroom, she placed both her hands on the sink and leaned on it. Amelie bit her tongue, trying to hold the tears that threatened to leave her eyes. First, one small crystal bead escaped from her right eye. She could feel the warmth sliding down her cheek and rolling off her chin. Then another. And another. Her eyes were flooded with them, coming like a rainfall. Sobs and sniffs filled the room every ten seconds, and they fell, and fell, and she let them fall.

The door of one of the toilets opened. Amelie looked in the mirror and looked straight into the girl's eyes. Fuck. Amelie quickly dried her cheeks and looked away. Of course, the girl had heard her cry.

"You okay?" The girl looked worriedly at Amelie.

Amelie plastered a smile on her lips. "Yeah, I'm fine," she replied and took a deep breath. When she looked at the girl, she noticed the girl was Flo, the sister of Lando. Great, only his other sister and brother and I cried in front of all the Norris kids.

Flo nodded and washed her hands. "You don't seem fine to me, but if you say so..." She pressed a thin smile on her lips. "I don't want to push you to tell me what happened, but talking about it helps."

A softer expression appeared on Amelie's face, she was the same as Lando. "I know, thank you. It's just...women stuff. We all need to cry sometimes."

"But during a Grand Prix?"

"Even during Grand Prix'," Amelie said and giggled because it was ridiculous. "You know...I'm tired and today is not my day. It's just one of those days nothing will go right and everything annoys you." She was surprised how convinced and real it sounded.