6.3

Amelie impatiently wiggled on her legs and looked at the many suitcases what passed her on the baggage claim. She looked around and noticed her dad and his friends didn't have their baggage as well. A yawn escaped Amelie's lips, and she looked at the TV above the baggage claim; she didn't understand anything of it since it was Arabic. After a few seconds, the words changed into English, it was just about the local news.

"Mil, your suitcase," Nathaniel said and pointed at the suitcase what was coming out of the wall.

"Finally," she mumbled and gave him a smile.

"You're the first, you won," he smirked and put his glasses on his nose.

Amelie nodded happily. "See, I'm just the best. Even though I didn't have control about this." She stepped towards the baggage claim and got her orange suitcase. Orange because it was the colour of the Netherlands - since she bought it in the Netherlands and the famous shade of McLaren. And no one has an orange suitcase.

"If you want to take a look for him, you can go. We will catch up with you later," Nathaniel mentioned and pointed at the arrival area.

"No, I will wait." She was shaking her head. "I don't know why I'm so nervous. I...it's not like he will be there, waiting for me. Lando won't be there, not at two in the morning. He has a race tomorrow, well, later this day, and that's way more important. And besides that, he would have let me known if he would pick me up at the airport."

He softly chuckled and nodded. "If you say so..."

"And if he will be there, I don't want to be the cliche girlfriend who starts to cry and run over to him while dropping all my stuff," she added. "But I don't want to have hope it will happen, because then I get disappointed and that's why my life sucks because I always hope for the impossible to happen." She pressed her lips into a thin line and looked around; to her surprise, it was busy. The baggage claim area was filled with people.

When all the baggage was collected by the group of five people, they made their way to the arrival hall. "Lady and gentlemen, welcome in Abu Dhabi," Massimo, a good friend of Nathaniel, cheerful said. "Only in Abu Dhabi."

"Mate, that is the motto of Dubai," James, another good friend of Nathaniel, snorted.

Amelie couldn't help it, but smile. "Have I done it all?" The four men looked at her. "If you read the billboards, you will see 'Have I done it all?' is the motto of Abu Dhabi, you stupid," she smirked at she pointed at the massive billboard above the doors to the arrival hall.

"At least we have one responsible grown-up travelling with us," Robbert, a best friend of Nathaniel, said and dramatically laughed.

Amelie proudly smiled at the four men. The sliding doors opened, and the group exited the baggage hall. Amelie was looking down and yawned; she didn't expect anyone, so why bother to look around? However, she was slightly nervous, because what if? She looked up and scanned the people. And yet again she got disappointed; there was no one she knew. She bit on the inside of her cheek and looked away. There were only a few people and a few taxi drivers. Who would be here in the middle of the night anyway? Her eyes fell on two people, looking oddly familiar. Her face softened and tears formed in her eyes. Her lips parted, and she looked at her dad.

"Go," Nathaniel widely smiled and held out his hand.

She didn't hesitate and gave her bag at him. Amelie left her suitcase behind at him as well and began to run over the airport. The closer she got, the more blurry her sight became.

A wide smile curved on Lando's lips when he saw his girlfriend after two months again. He opened his arms and wrapped them around Amelie's body as soon she ran into his arms. They wiggled around.