Chapter 39: Meeting The Goddess.

Willow sat in front of her father, on a circular golden table. Lark sat at the side, looking like a five year old who was scolded for eating too much candies. But she ignored him, since she was mad at him. From what she heard through her father was that he had sent Lark over to protect her and Lark had slaved her away even after receiving the payment.

Willow sipped on the tea which was presented in front of her and stared at her father, not knowing what to say. "What's happening? I'm very happy to see you living and young but this is confusing me too much."

Axel nodded and was silent for a while. "You see, last year, I didn't really die."

Willow could see that and it made her sad, wondering why her father would leave her and her mother.

"I was supposed to live on the Earth for ten years, but then I fell in love with Venice and we had you on the fifth year."

"What do you mean by Earth? Are we not on earth right now?"

"We are currently on the Mainland, it's in between." Axel shrugged. "The kingdom of the Goddess."

"Goddess?" Willow's eyes widened.

Axel nodded but didn't contribute on the topic. "When the time came, I couldn't leave Venice and you were just five, that wouldn't be fair for her, so I ignored the call back and stayed.

"But a year back, I found out that you were going to die, I knew I won't be able to live if—" Axel broke down as if he couldn't bring himself to continue. He rubbed his face and that is when Willow noticed that even though her father looked like he just hit twenty, his eyes said otherwise, it seemed as if he was hundreds of years old, all the tension, the pain, he seemed too vulnerable at this point.

Willow got off her seat and walked over to Axel. She hugged him around the shoulders. "Dad, it's okay, you don't have to tell me."

Before Axel could say anything, Willow heard a knock on the door, making her step back.

"Enter." Axel cleared his throat.

The door opened a moment later and in stepped a beautiful brunette, who was wearing white clothes just like everyone else. She held a try in her hands, on which was a neatly folded white dress. "The Goddess has sent me to escort the Young master's daughter."

"I should have known." Muttered Axel.

Willow's eyes widened. "The goddess?" Axel did previously mention about a goddess.

"Oh my!" Said Lark, looking at his bare wrist. "Look at the time, it's time for me to leave!"

"On no, young man." Said Axel, making Willow feel weird because technically Axel himself was a young man, physically at least. "You and I, we need to have a talk. Seems like I have to teach you some things."

"No you don't." Said Lark. "I mean I don't want to waste your precious time."

"Um dad?" Willow called. "Who is this goddess? Why would she even want to meet this insignificant lowly being?"

Axel sighed when he looked at Willow.

Lark replied instead. "That's your grandma."

"Holy sh—" Willow was horrified, but then she wondered if Lark was kidding. "You almost got me there." Willow chuckled.

Lark scrunched his nose as he stared at her.

"You aren't kidding?" Willow asked as her grin dropped.

Lark silently shook his head. "Faeries can't lie."

"But you can!" That is what Lark had asked of from her father, the ability to lie for him to protect Willow. She must say, it was pretty smart of him.