Chapter 8

Marco's POV

After getting out of the bathroom and getting dress, I sat (Y/n) in between my legs and help her dry her hair.

(Y/n) had told me she was punished because of what she did a few months back, she has also been reduced to work under her grandfather, not leading her own fleet, but she said it was fine.

I was stupid for thinking it was because she doesn't want to see me. I know she had some feeling for me, even just a little.

"Did you get my letter-yoi?" I asked a little embarrassed. Now that I think about it, I was quite forward with the letter.

She nodded slowly. I then leaned my mouth next to her ears and said. "Then with how you are here, does that mean you are mine now?"

I softly kissed the back of her neck. Which I recently learnt made her more embarrassed than when I kiss her. "Hmm, so-yoi?"

"Do you really want to be with me?" She asked catching me off guard.

"Of course, from the very first time I laid my eyes on you-yoi" I said as I tilt her head to face me. She gave me a look which I couldn't deciphered.

"Do you think it will work out between us?" She asked seriously.

"Well, we won't know if we don't try, right-yoi?" I asked back as I smiled at her. I did say that but I really want things to work out between us. I never wanted anyone like how I wanted her. Even with her just being in between my arms I was already jumping with joy.

She looked at me for a moment and leaned closer to me giving me a quick peck that surprises me, I guess that was her yes, I smirked as she looked away from me, I could even see her ears had turned red.

I tilt her face to give her a kiss just as I was about to, the door burst opened making me and her snapped our head to see a fuming Ace.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing here?!" Ace shouted, beside him was Thatch that was grinning from ear to ear. (Y/n) who was still in between me, hugged me, and looked away from the door, ignoring Ace.

Thatch and I laughed. "We will be out soon, give us a second-yoi" I said as Thatch dragged a furious Ace away.

"I won't be a pirate" She said. That's why she asked me if things will work out between us. She won't be a pirate and I would definitely not become a marine.

"That's fine-yoi. I like you for who you are. But.." As I stopped talking, I could see her looking at me seriously, she was waiting for me to continued.

"But that means I can't ever go see you, knowing you lived at Marineford. I would only see you there if I get caught or I turned myself in" I said and I was shocked for a moment when she gave me a pouting look.

"Yes, yes, I won't turned myself in-yoi." I said as I pet her head. She knew if I ever got caught or when I turned myself in, I would be sentence if not to jail to death for all the crimes I did as a pirate after all these years.

"At least I can write to you-yoi" I smiled to her. She hugged me and talk but I couldn't hear her as her face was on my chest. "What was that-yoi?" I asked.

"I will visit often" She said as she pulled away from me. I wished I could call her, to hear her sweet voice, but I know any call from outside the HQ would have been able to be traced, and not only would I cause her trouble, but I could also risk the crew.

"I wish I could call you" She said which made me laughed because of how I was thinking the same thing.

"Do you like talking to me-yoi?" I teased her. I could see her blushed which made me want to teased her more, but I stopped myself. It will lead us to the bed if I don't.