4 letter words

Mistakes in this

I kept to my rule, able to shy away from sex in my apartment, luring him back home with actual food, and yet food he seemed to be addicted to was of that only I could provide.

I never would understand.

So there we lay, in his bed, naked and talking. I couldn't believe it; it felt like I was watching myself fall in love or try to experience those things, and yet I didn't understand and fought a lot of it. It was quiet. He was playing with the ring I had on the hand that was lying on his chest. This is the longest I had ever been around him. Touching him. Connected, or rather, connecting.

I was fascinated watching his hands play with my fingers and mindlessly move the ring. He was perfectly content like this.

"What are you singing?" I whispered, moving my head up a bit to look at him. He raised his eyebrows at me as if he didn't know he was humming out loud, and I smiled, setting my head back how it was. "Don't stop." I laughed, my free hand tickling his side, which caused him to jump and grab my hand.

"It's not really anything." He shrugged, guiding my hands back how they were. "Just noise." He whispered, closing his eyes.

"Is that how you make music?" I whispered excitedly, looking up at him again. With one eye opened and looked at me, he slowly smiled.

"No." His eye shut, and he pulled me closer with a grin. "It's cute thay you think that though."

"Ugh." I complained fakely as he nestled me into his side again... I was doing everything in my power not to give him kisses on his chest that kept rising and falling in front of me.

Minutes passed as I stared around the blank canvas of his room, myself looking up at him.

"You better not be going to sleep." I whispered. He didn't move a muscle, but I knew he was awake. "Hey," I gently poked him with my knuckle. More silence. I moved quickly, climbing up and rearranging my arm, plopping back down beside him. He barely opened his eyes to watch me fall down, I wasn't in his grasp anymore, but I was beside him. I had to slowly do my part and leave. The big mission was over, and my duty had been fulfilled. He was a hard one to leave. His collarbone was working magic on me, and I had to remove my leg from his and cross my feet under the blankets.

"What are you doing later?" He whispered into the room at me. I had no idea what time it was, after 9 pm at least.

"Going home and going to sleep." I smiled at him. I couldn't help it as his eyes were closed, I reached out and moved his hair away from his face. It flowed perfectly to the side, and I smiled to myself as I slowly continued to play with it. I was drawn to it. My fingertips just lightly and lazily brushed and moved. He finally opened his eyes, and I closed my hand, careful not to poke his eyes.

"Was that a snarky statement?" He whispered with a smile. He kissed my nose as I muttered, "No."You should stay here."

The air around me stopped and focused on him, and he awaited my probable turn down. He had never suggested myself staying here - it did happen one time very early on - but he had to wake up very early, and I didn't like being shuffled out of his apartment at 5 am.

"I can't stay." I whispered back truthfully.

Two seconds later, his eyes closed, and he pushed his head into the pillow. His neck cracked, and I automatically grabbed his arm, hearing the sound. He was the one who had to deal with it. I was already keen on leaving. He was angry, breathing heavily as he pouted in silence at our lives.

"I will stay for an hour, how is that?" I whispered before it even registered in my brain the effects it may cause him. He smiled widely, but the smile disappeared like the cruel reality we faced.