Bad Things

Sitting in the apartment a short while after I had returned home, I received a phone call from someone at BigHit. I was munching on some chips, and got excited, munching faster to clear my throat to answer.

He had called once before from "the office" if you will, and since their phone numbers change like babies diapers, he had called me give me his new number originally but this call was much different.

I clicked the little green button swallowing the remainder of my food.

"Hello." I said sweetly, my smile lingering as I waited to hear his voice.

"Hey, um," He paused for a millisecond and I already knew something was wrong. The tone in his voice was lower, he was in trouble or sad. "I need you to come here." He stated and my world stopped.

"What?" I asked quickly. "Are you okay?" My mind was running over a thousand possibilities other than the actual, and I stood quickly to begin frantically looking for my keys.

"Yes I am fine." He said. "You just need to come now."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I said ... not finding my keys but pretending I had. "Do I need to bring you anything? Are you introuble? What happened?" I was rattling off questions.

"Just hurry up." He stated, and I knew he was mad. At me?, probably but I was coming. "I have to go now." He stated and I paused in my search.

"... what's wrong?" I used his name and the line clicked. "Dammit!" I screamed into the empty apartment; finally finding my keys almost 2 minutes later.

-*

After clearing security, being passed to a security guard, I began my walk with the guard to where I could only guess was my pissed off boyfriend. It was surreal walking through the halls, his halls, littered with their smiling faces on the walls. I wasn't supposed to be here.

I started to figure out I could be in trouble. The security guard had a gun, and while my sister had taught me about guns because she had to carry one - I realized how alone I was.

We came to the President's door, and I knew a death sentence awaited. I wetted my lips as the guard opened the door for me, and I walked in.

The room was big and spacious, the guard leaving me alone inside the vast room. My eyes searched the space for anyone, myself gasping and running towards my boyfriend who was sitting on the couch. Upon sight of me his eyes lit up and I had to cover the creeping feeling this was coming to an end.

"What the hell happened?" I whispered, looking around as I touched his hand even though I knew we were alone.

"There's a picture." He stated and I had to focus on breathing. His mannerisms were off. I was holding him, touching and connected - but he wouldn't look at me. "So they will break us up." He explained with annoyance. "I'm really sorry."

He finally looked at me and my heart dropped.

"Don't be sorry, I'm not sorry. Don't be sad, ok?" I was talking in haste, slowly realizing this was the end. He slightly huffed, looking away from me and sniffled once.

"I'm just really sorry." He wasn't looking at me and spoke barely above a whisper. He had his eyes closed and once the door clicked he squeezed my hand hard and let it go.

We were done.

"Great, she is already here." Someone chimed as my boyfriend and I rose to our feet to walk and greet the new people. "Please have a seat."

I was introduced, being as smiley and polite as I could knowing they were about to ruin my life. I was told again nicely to sit down, my boyfriend never once looking at me.