Birthday Suit

Grammar mistakes ahead - also i attempted smut... ahead.

Birthday's are funny. They can make you feel old when you are young, and younger when you are old. Most adult's don't actually celebrate their birthdays.

I love birthday's. His birthday was fast approaching and while he had given me 0 inclination that he would seek me out on his actual birthday; I still wanted to be prepared. I bought him a present, I made sure the cake was in my fridge ready and waiting. Just in case. I didn't want him to have a crappy birthday because of me. I never saw him twice in a row.

The night in question ticked on slowly. I made no plans on purpose; and by 10pm I was ticked off. I figured he was busy and wasn't going to call, so I took a bubble bath to ease my mind. I had overly prepared and now was sulking in my ruined plans. Always waiting for a phone call that rarely came.

True to his form; the second I had all my clothes off... like sort of bat signal was sent out

... he texted.

So there I was, naked and cold, and now... panicking and running out of time. Thankfully I hadnt taken off my makeup and I threw the clothes I was wearing back on... grabbed his birthday present and tiny cake... and sprang into action. I was very excited to see him. It had been almost three weeks... a shorter amount of time - but that time things were different.

I arrived like normal; no romantic kiss from him. He seemed tired - something I honestly wasnt expecting. People were supposed to be happy on their birthdays; I didn't understand why he seemed so... angry almost standoffish at first. He texted me.

"Happy Birthday!" I squealed in excitement and produced my gift for him. Like a true show girl, moving my hand around the tiny wrapped box. He smiled a tad, more seemingly embarrased I had mentioned his birthday and I decided he was NOT going to be a non celebrator with me.
"Open it, and I brought a cake." I rose my elbow displaying the grocery bag with cake hanging inside.

"Thank you." Was the first thing he said to me that evening other than hi. He opened it slowly, unsure of what he was opening, and his face lit up at the sight of his favorite figurine. "Really?" He grinned excitedly.

"I did some research." I fakely twirled my hair as I rolled my eyes and ignored him opening the cake.

"I didn't show you the figurine room, did i?" He asked showing me the tiny figure he loved so much that I bought.

"A whole room?" I smiled largely. "Well please take me there." I said lowly and he pursed his lips and started walking urging me to follow.

His hand wiggled behind him and I grabbed it. He was now leading me through his house. I was getting a tour, sort of. He stopped in front of a closed door and flashed me an excited to die for smile. He was excited. I was too.

"It's messy." He said suddenly embarrased. "I havent organized it -"

I cut him off by saying his name and queezing his hand that was connected with mine. "Open the door." I laughed gently.

The air was stale, and it was a small room. It was exactly like he said - messy. Boxes everywhere. Posters on the ground, posters on the wall. Band memorabilia and other things, collectibles and a few shelves of more collectables. He had obviously attempted something.- but it remains unfinished.