Bad Boys

The first time I was in the house alone, it was creepy.

Creepy, cold, big and unknown - It was late at night and I was hungry. Tired from a day spent moving, I tiptoed on the tile careful not to disturb anything around me. I opened the fridge and waa half disappointed. Groaning and choosing the quickest thing to make, I made a list in my head of things I still needed to do.

I now had an office. An actual office, not just a section of my bedroom with information tacked on the wall. A room, he designated for my work things putting on this serious face when talking about my office - if only he knew a better majority of my day was spent slacking off and browsing pinterest.

The first few days were very hard for me. I didn't feel like I belonged, I hated being alone and if I left I had a whole checklist of things to do before and after I walked out that door.

I lingered back towards the bedroom, smiling at a framed record achievement as I passed it stopping at the bedroom door.

The bedroom was definently his taste, and even though he begged me to put my items in they looked out of place. I didn't want to invade his space. I threw a lot of my things away before the move, most I realized I didn't need, care or want.

I enjoyed sleeping in his bed the first evening by myself. It was fun and exciting and only mine, but by the second night it was scary.

It was a definite adjustment I had to make. Learning how to navigate quietly within his world, I wasn't sure how to add myself into his equation without him.

The first time he left I honestly had no idea how long it would be until he returned freely to his abode. He had said it would be "a few days", and 4 days later ... he scared the crap out of me.

The doorbell rang that Thursday and I ignored it, knowing I couldn't answer the door anyways. I couldn't answer phones, I couldn't do a lot of things. I was doing one thing I could do - which was work.

With my papers now carefully taped to the wall because I didnt want to make thousands of pinholes in his wall, myself completely concentrated on my current file.

The front door opening and shutting got my attention. My eyes went wide at the sound of someone breaking in, myself panicking and quietly shutting the office door. It could have been a cleaning lady, but she could clean my office later. It wasn't the day they normally came - but I wasn't the household maid planner so I wasn't sure.

It was the middle of the day, a little after lunchtime, and whoever was there was now knocking at my closed door.

"Im okay." I said to the door returning to my file on the computer screen.

"Open this door!" He laughed, knocking politely and my chair fell back in the quickness I had stood up. I had to pick up the chair and unlocked the door with a caught smile.

"I thought you were the maid." I laughed as we hugged and kissed.

"Not the maid." He said against my lips, breaking the kiss but kissing me quickly before taking off down his hallway towards the kitchen. "Let's eat! I blew off lunch so hopefully I can eat here before I go back."

He answered every question I had. He was not staying long, overnight, and he also had no food.

"You don't have much." I appeared beside the fridge as he shut up, guiding me to his pantry.