Prologue

The earth begins to shake, You quickly open your eyes and see that  lord Daedalus has ordered his men to charge and commence the battle.
You likewise, raise your sword, then point it forward and scream: "In the name the Him and all Portswater, charge!" Your men scream the same and charge down the hill to meet the enemy in the open fields and crush them. You know Daedalus must have at least 20000 men under his command here at this battle. You have slightly less, about sixteen thousand. You hope what you lack in numbers you have in strength and skill as you fight this final battle. The battle of Armageddon.

You are lord Alexander, the successor of lord Jorgio, your father. You now rule the house of de la Crost, a lineage of people who came from the south to escape the cataclysm there. Since the west had denied your family access to their lands, you had to fight your way through and thus, now your family owns a pleasant province that they named Portswater. The colours of your house are black and purple, the black raven is your icon and family symbol.

After your family had successfully gained a seat among the westerners, a new threat had emerged from the east. The eastern conquering empire of Maggotscar began tearing through the land with their cavalries, men-at-arms and heavy artillery. Besieging the cities of the west. Raising the forests and hamlets, and overthrowing the lord-mayors and councilors. The war lasted for about three years and at the end of it, the east was successful and the west fell.
During the war for the west, your house was neutral, not wanting such quick change before they settle in, but neither did they want to be defeated themselves. When the war was won by the east, you had to bend the knee and submit to your new liege.

Now you are a vassal state and must adhere to his rule, even so you have this feeling that it would not be so for long...