Quintessence: A war is declared

Both the months of Spoils and Luminaro pass like the rushing winds.

For both months, rain fell like never before and for once, you did not get much petitioners.
That being said, it doesn't mean that you did not have work to do. The heavy rainfalls have damaged many of your local farm fields and even the grand market. Members from the city watch, who'd manage to make it to your hall, despite the thunderous raining, tell you of these things and urge you to do something about them. You make promises to them and send work to your quartermaster, Lionne, who rarely leaves his office.

When the rainy month of Spoils finally passed, you are met with other difficulties in Luminaro. This is the month of the Him, and many festivals and night masses are always held in his honour. Then arise stories about beasts and werewolves among the peasantry. You are told that traveling merchants and artists have spread rumours to the people about the beasts of Thornbrook forest that usually awaken at this time.
To resolve the issue, you are forced to ban those merchants and travelers and then send your priests to calm the people down.

And then finally, when you think that all has passed, Quintessence brings bad news to you. That day, a Dullaccan soldier makes his way to your grand hall. He pants as he rushes up to your throne. The man seems like just any ordinary man-at-arms, but he is Dewroy, nephew of lord Dollis. He is wounded in the arm and piece of his armour has been sliced. His face is bruised up and the white on his colours has been turned to red.
You inquire of why he is in such a condition and why he dares to make his way into your presence in that fashion. He hastily apologises, saying that he truly does not wish to horrify you with his condition, but that he has been sent by his cousin, lord Daedalus who is fighting against a swampster army.

 "His lordship wishes that you would honour the contract made between you and lord Dollis, that either would aid militarily should the other requires it!", Durroy shouts urgently and almost out of breath. 

"Who is attacking lord Dollis?", Vradnik asks him, stepping closer.

 "Lady Sesunna", Durroy returns. 

"She has declared war and has sent a huge amount of forces to do battle with us. We have propelled the attack, but due to what has been said by a captured warrior, the larger force has already made its leave from Gotland. Lord Dollis has told his son to send me here to bring you the news", he ends. 

"If you shall indeed honour your writing, then let us depart immediately with a force of your men to go and do war", he suggests. 

"No", you softly utter. 

Dewroy looks at you as if he does not understand.

 "You need care. I shall have a servant look after you, whilst go and do war", you tell him. 

He then says that his masters are awaiting his arrival, and that he does not wish to displease them.

"Well, I will tell them that you are being cared for. Because you are in no fashion to fight, being so terribly wounded."

He nods and accepts the care of two of your lady servants.

You then turn to your head knight, "shall we do war?", you inquire. 

"It is not my wish to do war with the swampsters", he states. 

"Seeing that were recently in their presence."

"But we are bound by law in writing to go and aid lord Dollis in this war against the swampters. So I encourage his lordship to make haste in doing so."

You take his advice, send him off to assemble your army, while you have your servants apply your armour and sword.
The armour and sword being made from the fallen stone has not yet been complete, even though you'd like to have it now, going into such a violent situation. When your armour has been put on, the servants top it off with a cape, displaying your colours: black and purple, with the raven in the centre. When all had been done, you find it hard to stand with all that weight bearing on your back and chest. It is a little difficult to walk, but you manage to make it to the court yard where about two thousand men have been gathered. Vradnik sits atop his horse with a confident and prudent posture, looking like the ideal knight. Your ostler helps you to mount your horse, Regimore, who expresses a bit of discomfort with all your weight.
You jam your feet into Regimore's sides and the horses gallops and takes off.