Offering: Losses

You wait outside one of the little, primitive tent that you had built. Samorra stands at your side and the others behind you.
You managed to sneak into the capital unrecognised to find a physician whom you know is loyal to you only. He expressed how glad he was to see you and that you were not dead as they were told. When you told him that you needed his help with Aldred, he happily accepted to aid you. Now the man is inside the tent with his son who he teaches the trade of medicine. Aldred is really badly wounded and you all know that if he does not get the proper care, he might not see the next sunset. Now all you can do is wait for the physician to reveal if the man will be well or not.
A few minutes pass and then he steps out of the tent with his son after him. His face is not what you'd like to see. He stands before you as if ashamed that he had done something wrong. 

"Well?", you ask him.

 He raises his head and looks at you. With a sigh, he begins to speak.

 "Lord. I am afraid no medicine can help this man at this time", he declares to all of you, clearly not glad. 

Samorra releases a grievous sigh. 

"I suggest you go in unto him and hear his final words, lord", he connotes.

 Samorra taps you at the side and goes in first. When you enter, the room smells like concoctions. Spicy and natural, yet too strong for your nose. The tent isn't as furnished as a usual one should be, but you do not have any wealth at this time. Aldred lays there on the small, wooden bed, covered with a stag's hide, that you had killed this morning.
Aldred's face looks pale and grey. He almost doesn't even look like Aldred, but it's him alright. Despite his whiten look, his innocent, pure face is still visible. He opens his eyes as Samorra comes near.

"How are you, my friend?", Samorra asks. 

Aldred takes one good look at him, smiles and then replies,"how can you ask a dying man that? Can you not see that I am perishing?" 

Samorra drops his head as he has a look of disappointment and regret for asking that. Aldred chuckles a little. 

"But it is well, my friend. I do not fear death any longer", "and where is the lord?", he asks Samorra. 

Hearing this, you step closer that he can see you. He smiles at you. 

"Lord Alexander", he says. 

"I am sorry that I have brought you into this, Aldred", you apologise. 

"Sorry? Oh no lord! Be of good cheer! Even though I am about to draw my last breath, it is better to draw it out here than to draw it inside that horrifying dungeon at High Gate. If anything, you have gifted me to see the outsides before I die. Thank you", he says. 

"But perhaps if I had not brought you out here, you'd be alive at High Gate'', you sympathise with a regretful tone.

"My friend", he utters, sounding louder. 

"It is better for me to die out here than to live in there. Trust me, I hold nothing against you. I have no regrets", he concludes. 

A few minutes pass and his physical appearance worsens, evident that his departure is quite the close. At one point he begins speaking again, this time slower and weaker.

 "Lord Alexander. Go out and reclaim Portswater and reunite the west under yourself. Promise me that", he urges you. 

"I do so promise, Aldred", you promise, almost starting to cry. 

Aldred then pulls out a small pendant from out of his pocket and stretches it towards you.

You take it from him.