Aurora: First blood at Goyler

The days roll by even quicker as you get adjusted to your new role and responsibilities. Over the few days, you have learnt a whole lot of things and have administered justice in the best way you could as the new lord. You have not visited your town as yet, but you do hope so when you feel more settled in. You sit on your throne, attired in the most noble of robes that you could find. A dark robe with golden splashes over it. Odd for you, but glamorous for any peasant. You sit there, staring and thinking to yourself as your squire reads to you a list of duties and announcements that you should hear of. 

"...patrols successfully sent to patrol Rempton's shores, collection of wood from the peasant lumberjacks, birth of six new babes, 1000 troops hired from your capital..." After that, the squire humbly bows and takes his leave from your presence.

"M'lord", an envoy greets you as soon as the squire leaves. 

He bows and says, "prince Mortwood requests an audience, m'lord." 

"Oh, yes. Show him in", you receive the prince. 

The envoy, rises up, bows and then leaves to inform the prince of what you have said. After  a few seconds, a tall, young man is accepted into your presence. He is clearly not from Portswater, or even any of the other provinces for his stature and dressing are quite unlike those of the western peninsula. His rough, long hair hides much of his face, but you can still see a portion of it. The man dresses himself in wild animal hide, much to the fashion of his supposed envoy that had come to you about five days ago. The man walks slowly until he reaches a close distance towards your throne, then he parts his hair, allowing you to see his face. 

"Greetings, lord Alexander", the man says in a warm tone. 

"I am prince Mortwood of Wents, I am sure my envoy briefed you of my coming", he says. 

"Indeed he has, prince Mortwood", you respond back, trying to share the welcoming voice as well. 

"Lord i am here on one basis, and that is the basis of my father, king Jeohar of Wents", the man steps a little further, as though wanting to limit the knowledge of his matter concerning you with anyone else. 

"My father is a peaceful man, he sends me to make an alliance with your lordship, as well as a trading deal. Our merchants from Wents will drop anchor in your ports, where we will sell and buy with you, and your merchants the same with us." You nod to show that you understand. 

"My father also wishes to sign a military deal with you, lord Alexander. He will send you aid, should you ever need it and when he needs it, you shall send him. I will discuss more with you, after i have feasted", the prince states becoming silent. 

"I understand the proposal, prince Mortwood. But what I don't understand is why me? Why Portswater?" You ask, trying to sound wise. 

"Oh lord. Your land is not the only that I shall visit. My father wishes full cooperation with the westerners, I shall be visiting the other lands of your fellow lords", the prince answers. 

" I see", you finalise.

You then grant the prince a room, worthy of someone of his status, in your castle where he should stay for the small time being. After he had been ushered to the room by one of your servants, you prepare for the feast. You order your kitchen-maidens to cook all sorts of Western style foods for the prince's delight. But you also order them to cook fishy foods that, due to what Lernard had told you, the Farhallian prince would very much appreciate as his people live off the sea, just like the Sielccan rivermen.

Three hours quickly pass and you hastily take your place at the head of your table in the dining hall. Your counselors quickly come and join you, taking their places at the table. And then the prince and his men join you all, with the prince seated at your right hand as your guest of honour. This is how your father hosted his guests. All his guests. The prince says nothing to you and you, not wanting to seem jumpy, do not mention much to him until the kitchen servants arrive with the feast food. They place down plates of food, most of which won't even be eaten at the feast. Oily chicken, fried fish: salmons and cods, pork and beef and then the Farhallian dishes. Oiled Cods and salmons, shrimps, butchered mackerels and fish bits in dough. Prince Mortwood's face gleams up at the sight of the dishes that you had had prepared. You remember attending such feast when your father was alive. Since your mother's death, he had only you and the two of you always made such lavish feasts whenever your father was visited by such nobles. Your father would go to great lengths to provide the dishes for these nobles as he was a hospitable man. You can see him in yourself now.