Aurora: Thornbrook affairs

You walk among the paintings in your corridors, admiring the art that your ancestors had managed to bring with them after the great southern cataclysm. Paintings of your grand father, father and even your uncles and their sons.  As you walk, admiring the art pieces, you come across two whispering voices. Looking forward, you see two armoured guards, chatting among themselves. Neither has realised that you are in their presence. You realise that both of the guards have your house's coat-of-arms, the black raven, on their breastplates so they must be some of Vradnik's corporals.

"Have you heard?", one whispers to the other. 

"Heard, of what?" The other questions. 

"Of the fallen rock? Rumors are that a fallen rock crash landed in the Thornbrook some days ago, and the peasant hunters around have reported strange noises since it had", the first explains. 

"A fallen rock?! Oh please. Such things are rumors built by the peasantry as a way to entertain themselves", the second brushes off.

 "It is true! Hear me! Such things do happen. They say that the devils from beyond this world send these such rocks with demons inside, waiting to be released", the first tries convincing the second, who rolls his eyes and shakes his head. 

At this point, you become intrigued.

"Oh, lord Alexander!", the second says, finally realising that you had been there all along. 

"Good lord, what should we do for you?", the first insists respectfully. 

"A fallen rock?", you say to them, revealing that you had overheard the conversation. 

"Oh, yes lord", the first jumps up. 

"There have been rumors about a fallen rock that had fallen from the heavens and into the Thornbrook, m'lord", "heave! Pay no mind to what he says, m'lord, such things are just tales. Surely you do not believe that demons come to our world in the form of rocks, do you?", the second counteracts. 

"Lord, it is true. I believe it, even upon Christ!", the first swears. 

The second proceeds to argue with him and the two fall into a squabble. You begin pondering to yourself the possibility of this being true. You share the second's faith about it most likely being a fable, designated to amuse the local peasantry. But you do wish to go hunting in the Thornbrook, just as your father did. 

"Hear me!", you declare to the two guards. 

The two immediately stop arguing and look at you. 

"Go prepare yourselves, we shall go hunting in the Thornbrook", you tell them. 

The second gives you a look as if really wondering if you could possibly believe such tales; meanwhile, the first happily runs off to prepare himself. You return to your great hall and inform Vradnik of what you wish to do. 

"A fallen rock?", Vradnik questions you as though he too does not believe in such things. 

"Lord I attend the local temple, pray and pay my dues to the priest there, but I have never heard of such things as fallen rocks from the heavens", he rejects.

 "Even so, I wish to explore this for myself. We shall go, hunt wild beasts and if by chance we come upon any strange rock, we shall surely see for ourselves", you tell him.

 The high knight nods and marches off to deliver your orders to the troops. You, on the other hand, move to your chamber and have your servants dress you in local hunting uniform, quite similar to that of your archers. A greenish tunic with a hood, a dark brown belt, dark pants and leather boots. And to top it all off, the noble bow of your grand father. You recognise this very well as it had fallen into the hands of your father when he was lord over Portswater.
The bow is long, as if to be used by mounted archers. There are ancient runes scribbled all over it, some you are able to read from the knowledge you had obtained in the library. You make out the runes for bird, ox, fox and deer, everything else is foreign to your knowledge.