Quintessence: The lords' council

You can hardly believe it. That Quintessence morning, one of your spies makes his way into your great hall. He speaks with Judas in a corner and then walks right back out. The spymaster's face seems to bring some sort of appalling news. He steps up to your throne. 

"Lord, I have just gotten word. That man whom had just been in here is Aarwick, one of my spies from Maggotscar. He reports chaotic tidings. Maggotscar has fallen and king Lordrez has been defeated and killed in war. There is no more Ludlandia, no more Maggotscar and we are no longer apart of the eastern empire."

Your eyes widen, even on their own. Such news you never expect. Vradnik shows the same expression. 

"You're not making any sense!?", he addresses Judas who looks at him strangely and then replies, "the king is dead. He has been defeated in battle by his cousin and now the eastern rule over the west is broken. Does that make sense now, Vradnik?", Judas mockingly answers.

 "This is absurd", Vradnik utters, turning to face you.

 "What shall become of the west now?", Judas gives a sly chuckle and then says, "all that is to be shall be. And that which is not to be will not." 

And with that, he takes a sharp turn and exits the hall. You two look at him with wondering looks. You know him to be rather observing, as all spymasters are, not creepily philosophical.

A few hours later, you are discussing the matter with your advisors at breakfast. They all return a shocked and ponderous look, when you tell them of what have heard.

 "Is this so?, Lernard queries, sounding not as surprised as you expected him to be. 

"Has Maggotscar really fallen?", Luffro questions, sounding equally unbelieving.

Before you can answer though, another voice replies.

 "Yes, it has", the voice of a man answers from behind you. 

You all turn your attention to him. 

"Lord forgive my trespass. I am Doodlewof, an agent of lady Gersaw of Bouganland. I have been sent to formally invite you to the lords' council, being held at Bouganland." 

"Lords' council?", you ask him, sounding unsure. 

"Yes, lord Alexander", Lernard opens.

 "The lords' council is an honourary meeting among all lords of the west. Important issues are discussed and resolved there. I was thinking that it would be necessary to call the meeting", he ends, rubbing his long, gray beard and looking up into the ceiling. 

"And who is this lady Gersaw, that I have not heard of her, and would be wise to answer her call?", you question Doodlewof.

 "M'lord, m'lady Gersaw is the mother of lord Aversoff, ruler of Bouganland and the head of the current Landcaster family."

"A well respected noble. A powerful yet humble woman, and one well educated too. I was a young scholar at her court once. It was there that I had learnt many things." 

This sounds believable as the scholar was born in Bouganland and studied there before he left and came into your father's court, already up in age. You look back at Doodlewof, he wears a grass-green robe that runs all the way down to his feet and there he wears big, brown, hunting boots a bit too large for his size. You tell him that you will honour the call and make ready to depart to Bouganland. Doodlewof smiles, bows and then  returns to your great hall to await you. You have your tailors once again apply your armour and the cape with your colours. And finally your longsword, the weapon most preferred by the nobility. When you have been properly dressed, you depart from the dressing room onto Vradnik, who waited for you outside the door. He holds his helmet in both hands and his armour, well polished.