Demeter: A friend in need is not a friend indeed

"Is he ready to speak?'', you ask Samorra, who trails swiftly behind you as you turn the corner in the town keep.

 "Yes", he answers.

The man had regained consciousness soon after Blaenau had fallen and was held in one of the dungeons. Samorra and the other knights had tried to make him talk, but knights of the Dullaccan inner court are not easy to break. Nevertheless, after losing one of his fingers to a heavy saw, he not only spoke, but wouldn't stop blabbering like a parrot. 

"What is your name?", you ask him, when you had arrived.

 The other knights were all awaiting you and Samorra to begin the confession. The man looks up at you, lifting his head slowly. Blood drops from his lips. 

"I thought you said he only lost his finger", you turn to the knights.

 "He did, lord", one answers up. 

"Then why is his mouth bleeding?!", you demand. 

"Well", one of the guards begins saying. 

"The man had a mouth and I only showed him how to keep it shut", he explains, giving a look of regret. 

You turn back to the man. 

"Who are you and why were you posted here?'', you demand at him, sounding tense and serious. 

"My-name?", he starts, sounding dumb and unsure.

 "I am Ouvert, a son of a lord-mayor in Dullac. I was one of the men at the prison of High Gate upon lord Daedalus' visit to you", he explains himself. 

Of course! That is how you've come to know him.

 "As for why I have been posted here in Blaenau", he continues, amplifying his voice now.

 "Lord Daedalus has posted most of his inner circle in his cities, I was posted here to command it and keep it under Dullaccan rule---", "how is that working out for you now?", Samorra interrupts, teasing him. 

Ouvert gives him a look, then looks back at you.

 "It is true. I am ashamed that I have failed....failed to keep Blaenau and for that I am ready to pay my price, but I will not be a coward and die as such to be cast among the Abyssal demons, to suffer and be tormented by them in the stars", he lets you know. 

You admire this man's integrity. He makes it clear that he is no coward and that he is as pious as a westerner gets. 

"What can you tell us of Daedalus?", you urge him. 

"Lord Daedalus is a mighty man, but he does grief the death of his father, lord Dollis, of whom you killed, lord Alexander", he accuses you.

 Clearly he is also blinded by Daedalus' lies as the rest. 

He has been fooled just the same. 

"No", you let out. 

"Lord Dollis was a very kind friend of mine and my father. I would not have wished death upon such a man, let alone take his life."

 He looks at you weirdly, clearly not comprehending. 

"Lord Daedalus is the one who had his father killed, as well as the other ladies and lords at the Lords' council on that disastrous day", you tell him.

He stays quiet for a while, not speaking and hardly breathing. Then all of a sudden he lets out a barbaric laugh. 

"You really expect me to believe you? You?! A murderer and a liar?", he continues to accuse you laughingly.