Conquistara: Castle affairs

The next couple of weeks find you signing documents and implementing new laws, with the guidance of Lernard and Vradnik.
A carriage arrives in Rio one Conquistara morning. Its exterior seems just as any normal carriage that transports some noble or wealthy merchant. But the interior is decked with red cushions. You know what this means. Whoever is coming to you is from the high court in Maggotscar, and is probably being sent by the king. Your castle doors are opened for the person. Vradnik tightens his armour and holds on tightly to his sword.
When the doors are fully opened, an old man, with a long nose and serious eyes steps in. He wears a red cloak, with his arms behind him as he walks. Three Ludlandian guards escort him in. Their faces look rough and unkind. Their eyes are focused and their mouths firmly pouted. They seem as if they do not wish to be here. When they have come close enough, the man stops and gazes at you, sitting on your throne.

He does not bow and neither does the guards.

"Lord Alexander", he says at long last. 

"I am Rudivik, a royal emissary and surveyor, sent by the high court itself to speak with you," he introduces himself and his mission without joke. 

"His majesty, the king, had received your letter from months ago, but since he was caught up in a war with his infamous and maddening cousin, he was unable to write back to you. He recently secured a well-deserved victory over the duke, and is now able to send someone to you: me."

You nod in understanding.

"The king", he goes on to say, "has heard of your conquest against lord Sielcco, and now, believes rightfully that you should be able to aid him with what he had asked before." 

He signals to one of the guards to hand you a small letter, bearing the king's seal. You break it and read what it says:

"To the insolent and cunning lord Alexander.

I am quite dissatisfied with your decision to 

refuse my request. Now, seeing that you are

quite capable to accede seeing that you have
gotten rid of my friend and vassal, lord Sielcco,
and captured his wealth and lands, I command
you to send me 1000 men-at-arms and 2000
aurens, accompanied with 30 horses. How you
should come to have these things, I simply do not
care. Any failure of refusal to comply with these
demands would mark you as one of my enemies
and I am prepared to withdraw some of my forces,
warring with my hideous cousin, to war with you!
Do not attempt to further enrage me."

---King Lordrez, Maggotscar.

"Of course, his majesty is serious with you now. And as you have read, for I am sure, he would declare war on you should you not accede", the emissary taunts you.

 You hand the letter to your high knight. 

"The king surely is being absurd with this doing!", you yell at the old man, who seems not to even care.

"He surely expects me to be able to send him such money and men?!" 

"As his majesty said. He does not care how you should come by them. Stealing, war, or even magic. He does not have a concern. What he does, however, is that he gets his demands by the end of the next week." 

And with that, the emissary turns and walks out of the room. One of his guards gives you nasty look, before disappearing out the door. Your face becomes troubled and enraged. Beside you, Vradnik holds the letter high and then rips it into pieces.