Chapter 1

Melody sighed as she laid in bed, bored. It was a Friday night and she had nothing to do. She had just got off the phone with her best friend, Zoe. She was gone for the summer. Zoe had left to stay with her dad. Usually she only went for a few weeks during break but since it was her last summer before college she was staying the whole three months. Melody wasn't used to being alone. Growing up she either had her brother or Zoe around. She could hear her parents watching the News. She rolled her eyes. She couldn't understand how people could watch that stuff. It was so depressing.

She grabbed her laptop and started searching the handful of colleges she was accepted to. She still hadn't decided where she wanted to go and time was running out. Her parents were driving her crazy asking everyday if she had made a decision. 

After what seemed like days, Melody was so stressed out she needed a break. She had nothing better to do so she logged into her online account. She wanted someone to talk to so she clicked on the chat room link. 

Melody rarely used chat rooms. Usually she found more creeps and ads than real honest people to talk to. There is just nothing like venting your problems to a complete stranger who gives you unbiased opinions in return. She typed a public message to see if anyone in the room wanted to chat with her about college.

Demonic_SweetTreat: Hello. Does anyone want to talk about college? 

Short and to the point. She didn't feel the need to give her life story away. She learned the more detail you put about yourself the more creeps move in. A few private messengers popped up saying hi. Two were ads she closed immediately. That left one...

Receiver2.0: hey. College life is great. What would you like to talk about?