Chapter 45

Riley glanced over at Melody as she stared out the car window. She seemed happy and deep in thought. It was her birthday and he had done everything in his power to give her everything she could want today. His chest was heavy with pride and love. It was late and he smirked at the sight of his sweets fighting sleep. He parked, walked around the car, and pulled her into his arms. He cradled her in his arms and carried her into the house. He went straight to their room and laid her on the bed. He gently removed her shoes and jacket. He turned and removed his shoes and clothing. He turned to find eyes on him.

"I thought you were sleeping."

He watched as a smirk appeared on her face. 

"And miss that...I don't think so. "

He laughed as he crawled into bed with her. He kissed her and instantly felt the ache she always created in him. He was a little surprised when she pulled away. He watched her get up and walk over to her dresser. He couldn't pull his eyes away from her as she changed into his jersey. As she crawled back into bed he smiled at her.

"Now I know what you mean...I couldn’t have slept through that either."

She laughed at him and smacked his arm. He faked pain and reached out to tickle her. Before he knew it he was hovering over her, his manhood pressing against her. He could see the lust in her eyes. He wanted to lean down and kiss her. He wanted her more than he wanted anything. But his mind started to think of the consequences. 

"Please."

Her voice brought him back to the moment. 

"Don't overthink it...just be with me."

He couldn't. She knew that. She knew the consequences. 

"Riley, I want you...I need you. Please!" 

He heard the pleading in her voice and a rogue tear down her cheek. His restraint broke. He leaned down and kissed her. He poured all his love for her into the kiss. He moaned as her hands roamed his body. Her small delicate fingers teasing him at the waistband of his boxers. Without much thought he slid his fingers in her underwear and teased her back. It wasn't long before what was left of their clothes were in a heap on the floor and a torn open foil wrapper laid on the table. He kissed her deeply as he connected with her. He groaned in pleasure. He lost control in her. He wasn't as gentle with her as he was her first time. She wanted this and he needed to show her how much he needed her as well. And as much as it scared him and he fought it...he needed her.

-------------

Melody laid in bed with a noticed ache between her legs. She smiled remembering the night before. She cuddled in closer to Riley. This must have been just enough motion to wake him because she felt his arm squeeze her tighter. She looked up at him. Part of her felt guilty for last night. Riley lived by one rule and she had begged him until he broke that rule. 

"Hi."

"Hi." He smirked down at her. 

She only looked away from his eye when he leaned in and kissed her on the head. 

"Thank you."

She watched confusion cross his face. 

"For what?"

"For the best birthday ever. From the moment I woke up until I fell asleep you made yesterday...perfect."

He squeezed her tighter and she could feel his chest vibrate with his laughter. 

"Anything for My Sweets!"

They laid in a blissful silence. Neither one wanting to get up. 

"Penny for your thoughts…"

Melody looked up at him.

"I was just thinking about last night."

She felt the heat from her blush grow. He didn't say anything just waited for her to continue. 

"Do you regret it?"

She felt guilty and shied away from his stare. She felt him lift her chin back up to his beautiful eyes. 

"Sweets, I could never regret making love to you. I won't lie, I’m nervous about all the what-ifs. But after you fell asleep I did a lot of thinking. If we both want this...then why should we fight it."

"I love you so much! And I've done a lot of thinking about this too. And I want you to know, no matter what, I love you and want to be with you. I don't know how to explain myself. Ughhh…"

"I know what you mean."

She felt his lips on her. The kiss deepened and before she knew it the ache between her legs was forgotten by the ecstasy she only felt twice before.