Chapter 3

The next day Riley kept thinking about the girl he met online. She was a mystery but she was fun to talk to. As the hours passed the more questions he wanted to ask her. When he finally got home he found himself logging back into the chat room. He wasn't surprised but annoyed when he didn't find her screen name. After a few minutes he gave up and started reading ahead for Monday's class. 

"You going out with us tonight?"

Riley looked at his roommate as he finished changing to go out again. He knew he should say yes because he stayed in the night before, but he suddenly felt the need to stay in in case a certain someone logged in. He shook his head. 

" Yeah, give me a minute to get ready."

Sitting around doing nothing waiting on a strange girl that may never log in was crazy. He decided to clean up and go to the party at his buddies house. 

--------

Melody logged in...she had argued with herself whether it was a good idea or not. She didn't realize she was holding her breath until she let it all out when she didn't see his screen name. Deep down she had known it was a long shot. After waiting for him and deleting a few random messages sent her way, she decided to put it away and just read. But she also wasn't ready to give up on the chance of talking to him. He intrigued her and it was the first time she had had a good time all summer. She left her computer logged in and put it on her desk. She laid back down in bed and fell asleep reading.

----------

Riley shoved some half dressed girl off his lap and walked into the kitchen. He didnt understand why girls felt like he was theirs to hang on. He stood staring at the keg, debating. He had already had a couple beers. The choice was made for him when a group of his teammates came in and passed out drinks. 

Riley tripped over the door frame and almost fell on his face.

"Dude lay down before you kill yourself." His roommate laughed. 

Riley ignored him and sat down at his computer.

"Can't man, someone to talk to."

"Whatever, i warned you."

Riley ignored his roommate and logged in. In his drunk state he was giddy when he saw her screen name. 

Receiver2.0: heelo sweethart miss me!? 

Receiver2.0:  U sasss...Y your name so confusing.

Receiver2.0: You pretty

Receiver2.0: helo?????

Receiver2.0: nite sweetheart

Riley was no longer giddy but a little mad she didn't reply back. He gave up, clumsily climbed into bed, and fell asleep still fully dressed.