Chapter 42

Melody thought it would be great living with her two best friends. They had spent most of the day getting ready for a party and she had loved every minute of it. But when Patrick and Landon showed up to join them she spent the rest of the night as a 5th wheel. Energetic Zoe had quiet Patrick wrapped around her little finger. It was nauseatingly adorable. Landon and Willow on the other hand acted like they were just friends with benefits when everyone (except themselves) could see they were crazy for each other. It had been over two weeks since Riley had visited and she was lonely. She needed a girls night!

"Zoe, Will...Girls night tonight!?!"

She yelled at them over thr music. They squealed and nodded. Once the message was passed on to the guys they didn't seem as excited. 

"Thanks M&M!" Landon said sarcastically. 

Melody just smiled back. Once she killed the mood for the evening no one was really feeling the party. So they left and the girls headed back to their house. 

"How about we do an old school sleepover in the living room?!" Zoe suggested. 

Melody loved the idea. They all went into their rooms, changed, and grabbed pillows and blankets. The table was pushed out of the way and a giant "bed" was created on the floor. Zoe and Melody grabbed drinks and tons of junk food from the kitchen. After some girl talk, a lot of laughs, and teasing...mostly about the guys. Willow picked out a movie and turned out the lights. Melody cuddled down next to Zoe and smiled. This is what her soul needed! 

As the movie started up she wasn't too happy about the movie choice. She wasn't a big fan of horror movies but oh well...she would get to pick the next one. Zoe knew it and Melody could tell she was holding back a laugh. She laid back and watched the movie. She just looked away when things got tense and scary. She didn't need to see whatever pop out of somewhere and scare her...no thanks! When she looked away at one point she could have sworn she saw something outside...good luck getting to sleep tonight thanks Willow! She thought. Just as the girl in the movie was attacked, there was a loud banging on the door...making all three of them jump and scream. Once they realized it was someone at their door they all three quietly peaked out the window. They couldn't see who it was so Melody turned on the porch light and looked through the peephole. 

Melody threw the door open to find a confused looking Riley. Her mind was asking a hundred questions but her body was on autopilot as she jumped into his arms and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her.

--------------

Riley looked behind Melody and saw Zoe and Willow standing in the dark. 

"Ok you two get in here! And thanks for scaring the shit out of us Riley!"

"I tried to call but no one answered, I don't have a key anymore, and I figured if anyone was home you'd be sleeping so I had to knock loudly."

Zoe turned the lights on and paused the movie. Riley looked around at the mess on the floor and smiled.

"You do realize you all have perfectly good beds in this house…you don't have to sleep on the floor."

"It's a sleepover...girls ONLY!" Zoe replied.

"I guess in that case I should get out of here."

"I don't think so! You're not leaving my side until you tell me what you're doing here!"

He smiled down at Melody, still wrapped up in his arms.

"But girls night was your idea!" Willow whined.

"Well girls night is officially over." Melody stated.

Without another word Riley was pulled into Melody’s bedroom. She turned around and jumped up. He caught her and wrapped her legs around his waist before kissing. After their long awaited make out Melody pulled away from him. He looked at her beautiful face and smiled back at her.

"Now...what are you doing here?"

He cuddled into bed with her. 

"For now just sleep. I've been driving for about sixteen hours...we can talk in the morning."

He kissed her on the forehead and laid back.

"Good night My Sweets, I love you!"

"Night, love you too babe. I'm so happy you're here!"