Chapter 35

Melody was so upset she didn’t know what to do. When she went back inside she went to her room to find Patrick. He was sitting on her bed holding a bag of frozen peas on his left eye. He smiled at her when she walked in. 

"We need to talk."

"I would say so. Does he have a habit of hitting people or am I just lucky?"

"Never...Patrick listen, you're a great guy and all but I…"

"Why do I feel like you're breaking up with me?"

She looked at him nervous, he had a smirk on his face.

"I think I know what happened."

"You do?"

Melody’s eyebrows shot up. That made one of them.

"I was thinking about it while you were gone...and what he would have thought from where he was standing…"

Melody just stood there while he explained.

"He said you were watching me. Then I guess when you came over he thought...i dont know."

"He thought I was going to start dancing with you...right in front of him."

He started to laugh which made her uncomfortable. He looked at her and pulled her down to sit next to him.

"Like you said earlier you're great BUT I wasn't watching you. In fact before your boyfriend hit me I was going to ask Zoe to dance."

She watched a blush cross his face. She just stared at him...shocked. She took the time to think back to everytime she had found him watching her...Zoe had always been with her. She started laughing. Once she calmed down she smiled at him.

"I'm glad you find my confession so funny."

"It's not that...I guess I just needed it...this has been a huge misunderstanding."

She saw his eye and instantly felt the anger return. She heard someone yell that the party was over. She figured it was Landon. She didn't feel like going back out to the party so she was relieved.  

" Well I guess that's my que to get out of here...See ya Monday at work?"

"Yeah, see ya. Oh and next time...talk to Zoe!"

He smiled and walked out. Melody took off her jeans and crawled into bed. She heard someone walk in.

"Want some company? I told Landon he can crash in my room."

Melody didn't say a word as Zoe got in bed with her. It wasn’t until she laid down and relaxed that the tears came pouring out. Zoe held her as she cried herself to sleep.