Chapter 28

Riley woke up. SHIT! He gently got out of bed without waking Melody. He put on some basketball shorts and shoes, before heading out for a run. Once his feet hit the pavement he was off. He kept running, even when his chest grew tighter and he struggled to breath. He pushed himself to keep going. He didn’t want to stop...if he stopped he had to think about what he did. His body couldn't take anymore and he fell to his knees. After catching his breath he sat down, his head dropped, and he ran his fingers through his hair. SHIT!

He slept with her...he broke his one God damn rule. He was remembering the night before, it had been amazing. But how could he have given in… He had made love to his sweets… But what about the consequences… He knew they had taken precautions and she was on the pill… But what if… Then he thought about Melody waking up alone… SHIT! He took off back to the house.

------------

Melody woke up and stretched. She smiled remembering what happened last night. She blushed thinking she was no longer a virgin and Riley had been so gentle and loving. She reached over to his side of the bed and frowned when she found it empty. But the feeling was short lived when Riley walked into the bedroom, no shirt on just his shorts hanging off his hips, carrying two coffee mugs and a plate of donuts. 

"Sorry I tried to be back before you woke up. Hungry?"

She smiled and nodded. They cuddled together and turned on the tv. Melody took a sip of her coffee and relaxed into Riley’s chest. She loved moments like this, total bliss!