Chapter 27

Even though they were living together, between work, classes, and training Riley and Melody didn’t see much of each other. Except when one of them crawled into the other’s bed at night. One of RIley’s teammates was having a party and everyone was excited to get out and have some fun together. It had felt like months since the girls had gotten the chance to dress up and Zoe was going all out. The girls spent hours in Zoe’s room picking out clothes and doing hair and make-up, listening to music. The summer was almost over and it would probably be one of the last parties before fall classes started. It made Melody sad when she thought about how Riley would be gone in a couple weeks for training camp...with no cell phone...again. At least this time she wouldn’t be heartbroken, waiting for a text she knew wasn’t coming. Riley whistled when they finally emerged from the bedroom. They were both in denim shorts, halter tops, and heels. Zoe was showing a lot more skin than Melody but Riley didn't mind that. Melody walked over to Riley and wrapped her arms around him, kissing him.

“You like?”

“You know how I prefer you but Sweets, but God you look amazing!”

He kissed up her neck, across her cheeks, before devouring her lips with his.

“Come on you two! You can do that later.”

Zoe was already at the door. They smiled and followed her out the door.

----------

Melody was having a blast dancing with Zoe. After some teasing from Zoe about needing girl time Riley had wandered off to hang out with a group of teammates. Even though his hands weren’t on her anymore she could feel his eyes on her. She swayed her hips and raised her arms above her head, feeling the music. She was surprised to look up and lock eyes with a different set of eyes. He nodded before walking off. Melody was surprised to get that much of a reaction out of Patrick. After a month of working together he hadn’t said much to her besides work stuff and that was only when necessary. She preferred working with Willow because when she worked with Patrick she might as well have been working alone. 

Melody looked over at Riley and saw the inevitable wall of girls start to grow around him and his friends. Melody smirked. She walked over to the growing mass of females and pushed her way through. She was amazed by the dirty looks they gave her, probably wondering why an underclassman was pushing them aside. She couldn’t help but smile as she sat on Riley’s lap, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him. She didn’t have to turn around to feel the death glares she was getting when Riley put one hand on the small of her back and the other in her hair, deepening the kiss. 

“Damn, Paxton is a dead man!”

Melody pulled away when she heard the guys whistling at their little show. Riley had a huge grin on his face and turned to the guy who had spoken.

“Why is that, Ashton?”

“Mitchell finds out you're making out with his little sister like that he’s going to kill you.”

“Nah, he knows I’m taking good care of her.” 

Melody just sat there smiling, wrapped in his arms. No one really spoke to her but she was ok with that. She was just happy being there with him, not hiding. She leaned against him, listening to the music and the guys talk football. Melody was kind of daydreaming when she felt Riley tighten his arm around her waist. He quickly stood up and walked away. After a short moment he was back. He grabbed her hand and led her out the front door. 

“Where are we going?”

“Home. I just told Zoe. She said it was ok she had a ride.”

Riley was silent the whole way home. Melody was starting to think she missed something while spacing off. As soon as they were in the front door Riley had Melody pinned up against the door, kissing her. She wrapped her legs around his waist; she instantly felt how turned on he was already. 

“That’s from you wiggling on my lap.” 

He said between kisses. He nipped at her neck and collar bone. She felt the door fall away as he carried her into his room. 

“You know it’s been a year since we met online?”

Melody was surprised he knew that. She nodded and smiled, biting her lip. He laid her on the bed and his hands started to roam over her body. She threw her head back and enjoyed every little touch.