Chapter 18

Since she couldn’t go with Riley she wanted to tease him from afar. So this time she let Zoe help her get ready. Zoe picked out a dark green mini dress. She was relieved to see it had long sleeves. The dress had a deep V cut and barely hit mid-thigh. She also borrowed a pair of silver strappy heels. Then Zoe spent what felt like hours doing their hair. Finally when Zoe was done doing Melody’s make-up she looked at herself in the full length mirror. She barely recognized herself. She smiled when Zoe put her arm around her and took a picture of the two of them. 

Melody was glad the party was at a frat house just a block away from their dorm. Any farther and she didn’t think the heels would make it. She never understood the appeal of heels. They could hear the music from the street. She was nervous, she wasn’t used to dressing like this, and hoped Riley liked it. Shortly after walking in they were once again greeted by her brother. 

“Wow M you look...I’m going to have to stick close to you two aren’t I?” 

“No!” they both shouted at him.

They laughed and Landon sighed before walking away. Zoe pulled Melody over to get drinks. Before Zoe could pour who knows what into her cup Melody filled it with some juice set out for mixing drinks. They made a round of the first floor, said hi to people they knew from some of their classes, and finally made their way to the dance area. She was starting to relax and enjoy herself.

OUTSIDE NOW! -R

She looked up and saw Riley walking out the back door. Zoe winked at her and pushed her towards the door laughing. As soon as she stepped outside he started pulling her toward the side of the house. Shit, was he mad? She thought to herself. As soon as they were out of sight Riley pushed her up against the house and started kissing her. He pulled her knee up and before she knew it Riley and the house were the only things holding her up. When he ran his hand high up her thigh he realized her dress had ridden all the way up. He let out a groan and put her down. Making sure he pulled her dress back down. 

“What are you doing to me?”

“I didn’t do anything.”

Riley laughed. He was running his fingers through her hair. 

“I’ve never seen anyone look as gorgeous as you. I take it I have Zoe to thank again for this sexy masterpiece?”

“Yep.” she blushed.

“Am I an idiot if I say I prefer you in a tank and sweats?” 

She looked at him and he almost looked nervous and boyish when he said this. It made her heart melt. She wouldn’t admit it to anyone but she knew she was starting to fall. Both of their cellphones went off.

Landon is looking for Mel -Z

Riley kissed her and they walked in opposite directions to go back into the party. Landon walked out front and saw Riley. 

“Paxton, have you seen Mel?”

“I think I saw her out back earlier. Want me to help you look for her?”

“I’ll check out back. If I still can’t find her I’ll let you know.”

They walk back inside together and see Melody dancing with Zoe again. Riley could visibly see the relief on Landon’s face. He smacked him on the back and they walked over to their group of friends. Melody looked over where Landon and Riley were sitting. She rolled her eyes at the wall of girls starting to form. Her stomach dropped when a tall blonde sat down on Riley’s lap and ran her fingers through his hair. Her look of shock instantly turned to a smirk when the blonde almost fell to the ground when Riley pushed her off his lap. She watched as the girl quickly recovered and went to sit on one of Riley’s teammate’s laps, who was only too willing to have her there. 

When they left the party Landon insisted they walk the girls back to the dorm even though it was close to the frat house. Melody was surprised by how sober everyone in the small group was after the party. Every once in a while she would feel Riley’s hand brush her’s and it felt like electricity shooting through her body.

“I’m surprised you’re not wasted right now Landon.” Melody stated.

“I didn’t plan to drink a lot because we have a game tomorrow. Good thing too with you dressed like that I had to keep an eye on you. I swear if anyone put their hands on you I’d kill them.”

Melody could feel her cheeks heat up thinking about Riley’s hands running up and down her thighs earlier. She tried not to look at him but could see him out the corner of her eye. He was rubbing the back of his neck. She noticed he did this when he was nervous. They said goodbye to the guys and headed upstairs. She smiled when she heard her cell go off.

Wish I could kiss you good night My Sweets. I’ll be dreaming of you in that dress. See you tomorrow at the game. -R

Riley put his phone back in his pocket.

“Still talking to your cyber chick?”  Landon asked.

“Yeah...she’s pretty amazing.”

“I don’t get it. How can you stand not seeing her or touching her. When was the last time you got some?”

“Yeah it’s been a while.” Riley laughed and thought. If he really knew who his cyber chic was he wouldn’t be thinking that way.

“Well, when you’re ready to meet someone in the real world just let me know. I will help a bro out.” 

Riley pulled his phone back out and smiled.

I’ll be dreaming of you half naked, water dripping down those abs...kissing you good night -M