Schlatt - Hard Goodbyes

PAIRING: Schlatt x Reader

Words: 1.3k

-------------------

You couldn't help but let your fingers glide over his skin. Making their way gently into his hair, playing with a few strands as your fingers slipped through, enjoying the fact you could since he almost always had his cap on. You never slept a lot at night, more of a late morning person. You enjoyed being awake at this time though. It felt even more personal with just you and Schlatt. Though he was fast asleep, you still whispered things to him. Sometimes it was about things that happened to you that day that you never got around to saying when he was awake. Sometimes it was secrets you'd never tell anyone but you needed to vocalize.

Your fingers once again danced around his skin, gliding down his cheek, stroking his stubble and facial hair, lightly cupping his neck before trailing down his shoulder and chest. You laughed quietly as Schlatt mumbled something in his sleep, his eyes squinting and mouth curling up into a slight smile.

You'd had so few of these kinds of moments with Schlatt, well you had barely any moments with Schlatt. You wanted to spend every hour possible with him, live every moment of your life with him. But you couldn't. You lived in a different (/part of the) country, thousands of miles away from his homely grasp. Thousands of miles away from the laughter he shared with you. You always tried to avoid thinking about it, just trying to savour the few days left you had of your visit with him, but it's all you thought about. Being a University student meant all the money you made was either going towards your car, food or small treats for yourself. It took a long time for you to save up enough to travel. Your eyes started to water as you thought about how long it could be till you'd be back, back into Schlatt's everyday life, back into his world like you were right now.

Before long you were falling asleep too, wrapping Schlatt's arm over your torso which, though still asleep, he tightened and brought your body closer to his. 

The morning light soon broke through the curtains, the light hitting Schlatt directly in his eyes as usual. He stirred away, stretching his limbs as much as he could with you still wrapped with in them. Soon enough his alarm was going off and he was reaching for it before it would wake you, the cool air hitting his arm as it moved from beneath the covers, making it retract back quickly and curl itself around your warm body. You groaned sleepily at all the movement, Schlatt's deep and tired, but sexy, morning voice gently chuckling in your ear.

"Morning beautiful" he grumbled, placing light kisses along your shoulder,
You hummed, nuzzling your head back into his as the kisses started to tickle,

"I wish I could wake up to that every morning"

"I wish you could too" he replied, the silence of the morning somehow becoming heavier as you both thought about the small amount of time you had left together. This trip was longer than the others you had before, two whole weeks. It had been over a year since your last trip so you saved up more money to afford to come to him.

"How about we go out for breakfast today?" You said to break the silence, turning your body to face him, your hands finding themselves on his hips. You soon realized and your face fell from the slight smile you had. Schlatt nodded as he knew you remembered,

"You know I'd love that, but I have to do that brand deal video today" His fingers lightly brushed away the hair from your face, resting his hand in your hair.

"Why do you always have to work so much on my last few days here" You laughed lightly with a pout.

"I hate it just as much, but tonight I'll cook you a 5-star meal and treat you so good" He said, voice still low. His head bend down and placed a few light kisses over your neck before he lay his head back on the pillow once he was satisfied with the amount of giggles you'd let out. "And when that fails, there's that McDonalds 5 minutes away we can go to"

"You've cooked every night I've been here, let me do it" You smiled at the gesture, but he shook his head.

"No, no. You're my guest" 

Somehow those words tug at a few strings in your chest. You had discussed what your relationship was before, but never really coming up with an answer. Your relationship started when you joined a random Minecraft server a few years back. You'd seen his name pop up on the winning feed a couple times and then one of the games you were paired with him. You won that round too and he'd asked if you had a discord so you could talk. After a few more rounds talking and joking with each other Schlatt decided he liked you so invited you for another gaming session the next day. Soon you were joining him on his streams. Then soon enough you were facetiming and getting to know each other more. Before long, you fell. You fell hard, and you fell deep. But he did too. The issue was, and still is, the distance. Your first meeting was at a convention, it being somewhat cheaper for you to travel there than either of you traveling to the other. So, you met, and sure enough your feelings got stronger. Ever since the first time you saw his eyes over the screen at 3am, you were in love with him.

"It's gonna hurt real bad when you leave" Schlatt said sadly, pulling you from your wondering mind.

You sighed, "It always does" You said back, the tears brimming at your eyes,

"And gets harder each time" he said, kissing your nose before pulling you closer to him.

Schlatt may have been a little bit later to start filming that day than he planned, not wanting to leave his bed which your body lay in. The next few days flew past and suddenly you were packing everything into your bag ready to leave the following morning. Schlatt watched with sorrow as you folded your clothes slowly and placed them into your bag. The TV at the end of his bed played a random show but his focus was all on you, the music in the background somehow relating to your situation. It was slow, depressing but still sounded loving. Schlatt watched as your body curved into itself as you bent down, the way his sweatshirt hung loosely off one shoulder and down your thighs.

Small and almost silent sniffs came from you as you tried to hold in the tears, every time you packed getting harder to restrain yourself from throwing everything out just so you could stay a little longer. Schlatt was behind you, getting from watching at the door frame to your side silently in seconds. One of his arms curled themselves around your waist, the other going in front of you and holding your shoulder and he brought your back to his chest. Hands reached up from your suitcase and gripped his arm, your tears flowing and whimpers becoming louder. Kisses were placed into your hair and Schlatt sniffed himself as he held back his tears.

"Hey, just think, when you get back you've only got one more year and then you graduate" He tried to persuade, resting his head on your shoulder. The rim of his cap pressing against your cheek.

"But I want to stay here" You mumbled, his arms turned you around to face him, a hand going to the back of your head and pressing it to his chest.

"I do to. But you need a better future than doing nothing with me, you're too smart for that broad."

"I like doing nothing with you, I want to get a degree in it" You said, making Schlatt chuckle, his chest lifting with your head still laying on it. He then sighed heavily,

"Common, finish packing. You need to get to bed early, your flight's first thing." You breathed in heavily, trying to inhale and remember his exact scent. He placed a soft kiss to your lips before he walked off to bed.

That night you once more didn't sleep, only watched as Schlatt did. Trying to memorize every inch, every wrinkle, every tiny freckle on his skin. You didn't know when you'd be back, you pictured this as if it were the last, hoping that he recalls you as you are like you do of him