Schlatt - You're in a Band

January 2021 update:Used to include Carson, now changed for obvious reasons.

PAIRING: Schlatt x F-Reader

Words: 1.7k

Requested by @IHaveNoIdeaPlzHelp

---------------

You've lived with the lunch club boys for a while now, you moved in just after Schlatt had - so you both leant on each other more since you were in the same boat of not knowing the area like the others did. Did you mind? not one bit. Mainly for the fact you had a massive crush on the New Yorker, so any time you'd spend together your heart would do flips and your cheeks seemed to be stained hot pink with the amount he made you blush.

When you moved you had to give up one of your childhood passions, drumming. It was something you picked up from a young age and loved it. But you couldn't move the set you had at home, mainly because you didn't have space and since you lived with many other people it wouldn't be fair on them if you randomly decided to play. Well, you thought you had to give it up. But walking through the streets one day you saw a flyer asking for a drummer for a new band, the drum set included and a space rented to practice. You couldn't type the number in your phone quick enough, and soon you were apart of your current band.

But one thing about it all, was that the guys didn't know. You felt they would judge you, not understand why you loved to play and just make fun of you for it, so you never told them. Whenever you went out to practice, you told them you were going to work. Since you labelled yourself as a part-time youtuber/streamer they assumed you'd got a separate job and never questioned it. They weren't wrong, since some of the gigs you played were payed so it was like another job.

Tonight was another one of the nights you said you were off to work while passing Schlatt and Charlie in the kitchen, both of them pouting before pleading for you to stay.

"But y/n we're going out for drinks tonight! Travis is finally 21 we don't have to hide him anymore" Charlie tried to persuade but you shook you head, shuffling the strap of your bag on your shoulder.

"We already went out to celebrate that when it was his actual birthday, remember? I have to work tonight boys I'm sorry" you shrugged, trying to avoid looking at Schlatt who was giving you an over exaggerated puppy dog eyed-pout.

"It mean that your work always puts you on shifts on Friday nights, you should ask for one off and plan something with.. us" Schlatt commented, pausing at the end as if he was wanting to say something else.

"Maybe one time I will, but I have to go guys, have a drink for me" you winked, noticing the time on the clock. Waving slightly before you headed off.

At the bar you were all setting up your instruments, it was a place you've played at before so knew the right set up and where all your cables had to go. What you didn't notice was the group of guys, your guys, who walked in a took up a booth close to the stage. They were chatting amongst themselves, Travis already giggling even though he'd had not once sip of alcohol.

"I hope the bands good, last time we came here the one they had were awful" Ted commented, looking over and seeing a different guitarist and singer than he'd seen before, unable to see the faces of the other two as the stage was still dark.

"God yeah they were terrible, plus I think that drummer was on crack he was going so hard" Schlatt chimed in with a laugh, shaking his head. A few of the guys going off to the bar to start their order of drinks.

The guitarist began plucking at some strings which made the entire bar notice you were going to begin soon. You shuffled on your seat, testing the peddles on the set as you closed your eyes and took a deep breath. You'd done this so many times now, it was anxiety or anything, just getting in the headspace that no matter who's around, if people don't like your show that's their problem not yours, you were just there to perform and have fun.