Cooper - Blind Idiots

January 2021 update: Used to include Carson, now removed for obvious reasons.

PAIRING: Cooper x F-Reader

Words: 2.1k

Requested by @sock6969

-----------------------------------

It was TwitchCon weekend once again. You had already flown in early to hang out with your friends before the weekend actually began since you'd all be busy with meet and greets, panels and interviews.

You were mostly excited to see Cooper, he was your best friend and you talked every single day without fail. Even if it was at 3am for you and he was just getting high - wanting to hear your voice, you loved it. Mainly because you loved him, more than a best friend should. You'd come down to San Diego many times before and hung out with the Lunch Club, spending at least a week there and enjoying every second of it. Your crush on Cooper only grew though every time you saw him in person. Yes, his laugh made butterflies erupt in your stomach and the ease of conversation between you too was so natural, hours of talking over phone calls and discord chats. But being able to see him smile, show off for you on his board, cuddle you – your heart couldn't take it sometimes.

Today was like many times before, you and a few of the guys chilling in the living room watching a film. You were lead against Coopers chest while his arm was around your waist, mindlessly playing with the fabric of his hoodie you wore. This was very normal for you two, as soon as one of you sat down, the other would come up and cuddle or lay on them, just a totally normal hug between friends.. right?

Wrong. But at least the feeling was mutual.

What you didn't know was Coopers own crush on his best friend. His heart beating against his chest, surprised you couldn't feel it, as you involuntarily drew patterns into his leg that lay beside you while you watched the film. He'd never admit it, but he'd had a crush on you since the first time he heard you laugh. It was when he joined Josh's newest Minecraft realm and then the discord call for it, the first thing he'd heard was your giggle which made him sit up and cheeks flush.

"Do you think Josh's done recording yet?" You asked the room, picking up your phone to check the time. You were waiting for him to finish recording so you could get ready, you'd all planned to go out for food before the craziness of the weekend began.

"Probably, he's been at it for a few hours now" Cooper replied from behind you, his breath fanning over your head as he spoke.

"I'll go check and let you know" you slowly stood up and patted his leg where your hand had rested, stretching your back and neck slightly, trying to get rid of the ache from the awkward angle you had been lying on Cooper before heading up the stairs.

Cooper watched your movements, skin heating at your hand over his leg, seeing the tiny piece of skin reviled as your hoodie rose up in stretch, his eyes following you with a small smile on his lips as you walked away.

"I swear to god if you don't tell her before she goes home this time - I'm going to kill you" Ted said simply, Cooper's eyes switching to look at him and seeing the man shaking his head with a stupid grin on his face.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Coop shrugged, collapsing back against the couch, his hands coming to rest over his stomach as he missed the warmth you'd had there.

"Sure, dude" Ted almost scoffed, rolling his eyes before going back to the film.

Meanwhile you were just about to knock on Josh's door, but as your hand lifted it swung open, both you and he jumping slightly as you saw each other before beginning to laugh.