Schlatt - Moody

PAIRING: Schlatt x F-Reader

Warnings: Period talk, swearing

Words: 1.3K

-----------------------------------------

Today was just one of those days, every little thing got to you and either made you want to burst out crying or punch the day lights out of someone. Yes, that time of the month had rolled around but you were oblivious as to where your anger and annoyance was coming from.

"Good morning" Schlatt smiled as you walked into the kitchen. He was resting against the side with a bowl of cereal in his hands and a cup of coffee by his hip. You could tell the others were still asleep since there were no empty bowls in the sink yet or random cereal thrown across the countertop. You'd finally looked up to see Schlatt already looking at you, his grin lopsided lovingly and beard definitely getting a little too long, any other day you would've walked over and kissed his smile away with a passing comment about how his hair tickled you, but today was not one of those days.

You responded with a quick and sarcastic sounding, "yup" before grabbing your own breakfast. Well you would have, had there been the cereal you wanted. You swung open the cupboard doors to see a space where it used to sit, between whatever sugary crap Travis had wanted and Noah's cardboard flavoured flakes. Turning around you saw Schlatt finishing his last spoonful of that cereal. That almost sent you over the edge. You let out a grunt and slammed the door shut, making Schlatt jump and look at you confused.

"Jeeze, calm down there broad, I'd like those doors to stay on" he chuckled, his accent coming through strongly.

All you responded was with a death glare towards him before making your own drink, slamming every door possible as you got what you needed. Schlatt just stood and watched you storm around the large kitchen, finding it slightly amusing.

You could feel his eyes on you as you finished making your drink, "what are you looking at?" You spat, quickly turning over your shoulder to glare at him,

He raised his hands up in innocence, "just watching you go around the kitchen like a tornado, babe. You know people are still trying to sleep in this house right?"

"Ha ha, f*ck off" you angrily responded, looking at the clock next to him and sighing harshly again. You had promised your friend you'd help them move some of their old furniture out to get their new ones in and were already running later than you'd planned.

"I'm gonna go shower, I'll see you later babe" Schlatt walked over, going to kiss your cheek and hug you slightly but you moved swiftly out of the way so his arm and lips both missed you.

"Yeah, fine" you stormed towards the front door, grabbing your bag and keys along the way, leaving a slightly offended and confused Schlatt behind.

On the way to your friends house, everything that could have annoyed you, did. You caught every red light just as it turned, three people attempted to over-take you and what felt like a million people forgot to use their indicators. Once you actually got to theirs, you were fuming.

Your car door slammed and you thumped your way over to the building, typing in their code and walking up to their door. When you opened it, your friend sat on their old sofa, phone in hand while they waited for you.

"Ah finally y/n, you're late!" They said in a sarcastic serious tone, but you didn't take it that way.

"Well I'm so sorry Mr/Mrs impatient, didn't have a great start to my morning and I'm not really in a sociable mood." You spat at them, shoving your jacket over a chair and throwing your bag on it too.

"Woah, what's with the attitude? You didn't have to come, you could have said no"

"Yeah sure, but then you know I'd feel guilty anyway, ugh, let's just get this over with so I can go home"

It didn't take long to move the sofa downstairs, thankfully they were only two flights up and it was relatively small.

Soon you were heading back home, your head throbbing and stomach jabbing in pain.  You managed to make it back without crashing. The door accidently slammed closed behind you which only rattled your headache more and caused you to groan.

Before you got to stepping on the first stair, you heard you name being mentioned in conversation. The voices echoing from the kitchen.

"Also, Schlatt why is y/n in such a mood today, could hear her storming around this morning" You recognised Cooper mention, you were not in a mood, how dare he!

"I don't know man, she was like it when she woke up. You know how girls get at that time of the month: annoying, bitchy, irritated over every little thing you do. I breathed heavily this morning and I could have sworn I saw her eyes go black with anger!" Schlatt laughed,

You stomped down the hall and abruptly turned the corner to the kitchen, startling the two in the room as they saw you. Schlatt looked like a deer in headlights, he looked over a Cooper before looking back to you.

"Hey Y/n.."

"Sorry I was loud this morning Cooper" You ignored Schlatts greeting, looking straight to Coop as you apologised in a blunt tone.

Cooper looked taken back at your apology toward him, stuttering an: "it's okay y/n, I was already awake" he smiled,

You smiled back, not a genuine smile but more out of politeness. "oh yeah and Schlatt" you started, changing your focus to the man who was fiddling with his cap till you said his name and he froze. "maybe I'm annoying and a little irritated today but it's none of your business, alright, you dick" you turned on your heels and headed straight upstairs to yours and Schlatt's bedroom. Before you even made it halfway up the stairs you heard quick footsteps behind you.

"Y/n stop" Schlatt said from behind you, catching up to you quickly with long-legged strides up the stairs, and grabbing your arm as you got to the landing. You yanked it away, ignoring him after spitting a quick "don't touch me." and continued walking but faster.

You heard Schlatt sigh in annoyance before he grabbed you again and pulled you into your room.

"I said, don't touch me!" You tried to pull your arm away from him again, but he held on tightly,

"No listen here, what have I done y/n? Why are you being a bitch?"

"Wow, still with the whole 'I'm a bitch' thing" you rolled your eyes again,

"What has gotten into you, you don't act like this!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm completely normal, everyone else it just being extra annoying today!" You rubbed at your temples, your headache growing as you shouted,

"Look you need to take some pain killers, paracetamol, ibuprofen... I don't know- something, periods always do this to you" he stated simply.

Then it clicked, why had you not related the irritation to that. You sighed and chuckled a little, "That would make sense"

Schlatt visibly calmed at your nicer tone, his grip on your arm loosened, sliding his hand down to hold yours and he used it to pull you toward him. He wrapped his other arm around your shoulders, you lay your head on his chest and felt a few tears roll down your cheek.

"Why are you crying?" Schlatt commented, feeling your teary hick-ups against his chest,

"Another perk of menstruation, mood swings"

"Periods are dumb" Schlatt laughed, stroking your hair lightly,

"You're dumb." you mumbled against his t-shirt,

"Hey!" He tickled your sides slightly, making you giggle. He kissed your temple before saying, "right let's go get you some water and pain killers before the bitch of this morning comes back!"