John - New Ring

PAIRING: Kryoz/John x F-Reader

Words: 720

-------------------

Smitty had come down to visit you and John for a week, and it was great. You got along so well with him and spending the entire day together as a little trio never got tiresome. It was Thursday evening and you had gone out to pick up some food for dinner as you had all planned to watch a film and had very little food at home.

You'd got back and placed the bags of food away in the kitchen, not hearing the two boys anywhere which you found suspicious since they would usually never shut up. You went searching and heard their voices quiet in the TV room. You were about to pop your head around the corner but Smitty spoke up so you stopped,

"It's a nice ring dude"

"Different to the ones I usually get right" John laughed, there was a slight pause.

"Now i love y/n to pieces, don't get me wrong. But are you really sure want to spend the rest of your life with the same person?" Smitty then asked, in a quiet disbelief.

John scoffed with a smile, looking up at the ceiling in thought before he started to speak. "I want to spend every second of the rest of my life with her. I want to have sex with, sleep with, shower with, argue and makeup with, prosper and grow with her - till the day I die. I don't feel like I'd be whole without her anymore. There is no other person for me"

His words left you in silence, a smile printed on your cheeks and tears welling up at your eyes. You leant your head back against the wall, breathing heavy. In those few seconds forgetting that you weren't supposed to be there listening in.

"Y/n? Are you home?" John called from around the corner. You breathed deep, knowing there was no way you were going to be able to lie about what you heard.

You took at few sheepish steps into the doorway, watching as a light blush rose to Johns face and Smitty looked straight to him.

"So, how much of that did you hear?" He asked after a few seconds, watching as you played with your fingers against your stomach and smiled.

"You really love me that much?" you asked in response, looking up at him with the largest 'heart eyes' you could. He just grinned, bashfully looking away for a second before meeting your eyes again.

"I think I love you too much" he chuckled, pulling a black box he had been fiddling with in his lap higher so you could see.

"Well that's okay" you started, taking a few steps closer so you were in front of him as he sat, your knees knocking against his. He looked up at you with the sweetest eyes, "Because I think I love you too much too" leaning down and pressing your lips to his, resting your hands against his knees to keep your balance.

As you stood back up straight, your eyes opened quicker than John's so you got to watch his lids lift and his face contort back into his soft smile. "Well I guess I should actually ask" he shrugged, readying his hands over the box to open it, but yours quickly pressed over his to keep it shut. He looked up at you confused.

"Not here" you stated, taking a glance over at smitty who had been awkwardly watching for the past few minutes. "As much as I love you smit, its nothing personal" you continued. He lifted his hands in defence, not taking offence to your words at all.

You began walking back out of the room, pausing in the doorway, leaning your hands against the frame. "I hear that new restaurant in town is nice, maybe we should have dinner there soon.." you mentioned subtly with a slight shrug of your shoulders and a coy smirk pulling your lips. Then you continued your way upstairs, heart racing with excitement.

Back in the room Smitty started laughing lightly, "can't believe she'd just decided where you're going to propose to her"

"Dude I'd let her make every last decision in my life if it kept that smile on her face" John sighed, eyes still glued to where you had been stood, mind racing with the picture of your hand with the ring on that currently sat in his lap.