Chapter 15

(A week time skip)

I didn't know if I liked Anne. My emotions were everywhere for her. 

She was family. Full stop. We fought for survival together, and we practically fought onwards side by side, and it was weird dating somebody that was family. Jane would probably never accept it. Even thought she has an obvious crush on Aragon. 

But then again, I could see her as more. I could see a bright and sunny future of us both lying in a daisy meadow, laughing and chatting as if we didn't have a single care in the world. I would be there, kissing her, feeling her, talking to her. We would be a dream team together, and spend the rest of our lives together, without anybody in the way. 

After a great deal of thought, I realized Anne fit the description of my dream girl. She really did. She was bouncy, pretty, she cared about me, she worried about me, she was there for me. She understood me as we both went through Henry. She was my dream girl. 

She got me off the streets to a whole new world. She gave me a family. She gave me hope. She gave me everything I could've ever wanted. I still had so much more to give her. 

'FAMILY MEETING!' Jane yelled, bashing two pots and pans together, creating an awful racket. It was a very efficient way to gather us all together, but it was also a clever way to burst all of our eardrums. 

We all gathered around the crooked wooden table patiently, expecting Jane to rant on about tidiness and how messy we all were, but she mentioned something else entirely. 

I would've never imagined it. Never in a million years. It came out of the nowhere, and it was one heck of a bombshell to drop over a meeting. But Jane had to say it some way, and she did it tactfully. More tactfully than any of us for sure.

Jane looked at all of us, blinking back a small shadow of uncertainty that had formed across both of her eyelids. 

'So, I gathered you all here to tell you something. Something very very major.' Jane began slowly, stating every word clearly and slowly. 

Cath stood up and stood beside Jane, gently placing her hand on her shoulder, wearing quite a downcast expression. 

'Tomorrow, we've got a meeting with this man. And we're all needed.' Cath said grimly. 

'It's because, we could be moving.' Jane finished, not wanting to see our reactions. 

'Sorry?' Anna blurted out, 'You're being a little vague. Moving? Where? What? Who?' 

'Moving homes. Moving cities. Moving countries.' Cath answered, meeting Anna's eyes. 

Nobody spoke for a second. We all fell completely blank, not knowing what on Earth to say or to do. 

'I don't want to leave.' Edward whined, grabbing his mother's arm, as if he was almost begging to stay. 'This is my home..' 

Jane sighed and reached into her pocket and brought out a sheet of paper. She laid it out on the table, trying to not cry. 'We've got to leave.' 

The letter read: 

Revenge is the best way to tell if somebody is hurting? Don't you think?

Well I'm hurting. More than all of you. More than everybody in London. My heart feels like it's fighting to flee my hurt and damaged body. They left me. All of them. 

I cure my anger by burning other people's homes, tearing apart other people's lives, destroying families. You should try it sometime.

It's a pity you just happen to be my next victim. You're on my radar and I don't plan on resting until I watch you all fade before my eyes. 

So go. Go to New York. Go to America. Slip out from my radar, or Lizzie won't be the only disappeared soul. 

Go on. Tell the police. I dare you. >:)

----------------------

'What the...' I murmured, slamming the note down on the table. Nobody spoke for that second or two. 

I could feel my palms sweating as I slammed my head into both of my hands. I thought that after Lizzie, nothing else could potentially happen. I thought that after all the trauma we had all been through, nothing more would happen to us all. We would find Lizzie and all be one happy reunited family again. Right? Well... Wrong. 

And the same panicky, uncomfortable, paranoid sensation began creeping up my spine, the same sensation that I had felt when Lizzie went missing. I looked up and caught Anne's eye, and I could tell she could sense it as well. Her breathing had quickened, and she frequently checked over her shoulder to see if anybody was watching us through one of the windows or not. We all felt like that, but Jane had advised us not to show it while Anne was around. 

'If you act calm, she should hopefully follow suit.' Jane had said to us all firmly, the second Anne's back was turned. 

So instead of screaming, I kept my head held high, even though I was in the mood to collapse into a wave of tears, and I stayed as optimistic as I could, putting on an act for Anne.

Putting on an act calmed me down as well. It kept my emotions in tack, along with the rest of my family. (Hopefully)

But each day I half expected a serial killer to come waltzing through one of the windows. 

What has life turned into?

(I begin school tomorrow :( meaning the updates will be very infrequent. I'll aim to post one chapter on Saturday and Sunday, but it isn't guaranteed)

(ALSO, THANKS FOR GIVING ME BACK MY KNEECAPS)