Chapter 18

I let the tears fall. They poured like little streams down my cheeks, and they dripped just as fast as well.

I felt completely heartbroken. I had upset the woman I loved, the woman who I would sacrifice everything I owned for, the woman who I fell head over heels for.

I finally had to stop running when I had reached an unrecognisable park. I panted, clutching the stitch that had formed whilst I was running. I flopped down onto the luscious, green grass that was growing wildly around where I was sat.

"CATHY!" I heard somebody scream from behind, but I ignored them.

My heartfelt as if it was ripped into jagged and uneven pieces. The pain was something like I had never experienced before. It felt as if somebody had stabbed me in the chest with a ten-foot machete repeatably until I was nothing, nothing more than a bloody mess.

"Cathy, wait up!"

I grabbed the longest blade of grass I could see and I twisted it casually around my index finger, trying to look unbothered and bored.

"Oh my goodness, you do run fast!"

I got up to my feet and brushed away the tears that were threatening to spill.

"Anne. Leave me alone please!"

"No, it's not Anne. It's Mary."

I twisted my head around to see Mary stood there, looking timid and nervous, trying to catch her breath back.

"Oh, Hi Mary. I'm not in the mood to chat." I said softly, flopping back down comfortably onto the grass. Mary sunk beside and me and to my greatest surprise, she threw her arms around me and pulled me into an awkward hug. When we pulled apart, she gave me a sheepish look.

"Please come back to us all Cathy," She begged, seizing my right hand, "you made life so much more fun and exciting!"

"I bet Anne hates me now, right?" I asked her uncertainly, giving her hand a small and gently squeeze, "So much for that possible romantic relationship."

"Anne loves you. The second you ran off she looked around at us all and said, "I've messed up big time," and then she deployed me to run after you." Mary replied carefully, giving me a cunning grin, "You two are pretty smitten." She lifted one of her cute fingers and pointed at my enormous hiccey that was roughly the size of a normal calculator. I let out a small laugh.

"I love her," I sighed, lying back against the grass, "I don't know if she loves me back."

"Cathy are you being serious right now?!" Mary shrieked, rolling onto her stomach, "Anne is ballistic about you! OMG, The way she looks at you! I ship you together SO MUCH!"

I playfully tickled her in the chest and she bursted into a wave of hysterical laughter.

"Thank you for telling me this Mary." I grinned, pulling her into another mini hug.

A comfortable silence passed between us.

"This reminds me of one of those romantic scenes in those old movies," Mary suddenly said, "In those meadows with the sun shining down on you. Only the sun isn't shining and we aren't dating."

"Welcome to Britain," I added, looking up at the grey sky above me.

The heartbroken feeling in my chest evaporated and was replaced with a comfortable, content sensation. I was no longer crying and I suddenly felt the sudden urge to see Anne again and speak to her and hear her cute, contagious laugh once again. Mary must've been able to sense how I was feeling because she then said,

"C'mon. Let's go see Anne."

----------------------------------------------

(Maaaagical time skip, one week later)

"So are we all on board with the plan?!" Jane called out, her voice just about audible over our excited chatter and gossip. "Remember! We only have three rucksacks between us all! Pack only what you need! We have ten minutes before the cab picks us up!"

Ten minutes. Our very last ten minutes living in London. I inhaled and took one quick look around our house, saying my final farewells. I almost felt depressing tears swell up in my eyes. I turned to meet Anne's eyes and I could see she was on the verge to collapsing into a flood of tears.

It would've been a lot harder for Anne. Her memories with Lizzie almost haunted the house, and because she would probably never see it again, she had every right to be upset. I could see the water droplets forming out of the corner of her eyelids, and I could feel my heart fluttering.

I walked over to her and I silently pulled her into a light kiss. As our lips met, she gently squeezed my hand before she hurried back to her packing.

I watched her go, biting my lip anxiously. Although I knew it was important to get out of London, I didn't want to leave the first place I had ever properly called home. I looked around, not wanting to forget a single detail of our little house.

"Cathy, you alright?" Jane asked as she flew past me, helping Edward with his packing.

"Yeah I'm fine, I was just wondering," I began. "What payment did you have to give Henry to get us to America?"

"He wanted to give this parcel to somebody called Michael McCollins or something," She said quietly, grabbing odd bits of clothing and stuffing it roughly in her bag.

"What's in it?" I asked curiously, watching her bring out a small, well-wrapped parcel.

"He told me not to open it." She said grimly. "I want to, but I have a feeling that Henry would find out someway and punish us all."

I nodded and gave her a faint smile. I felt the urge to unwrap the parcel and see what Henry was making us carry. My hands were poised over the parcel, reading to rip Henry's secret to shreds when a loud car horn rang out from the front of the house.

"MY HOLY BIBLE!" Cath yelled, putting a hand against her chest, "Must it be so loud?!"

"Come on you lot," Jane ordered, paying no attention to Cath, "Out of the house now!"

I stepped out of the front door, knowing that I was never going to see our home again. My fingers curled around the parcel and I carried it preciously out of the front door. My heart felt heavy as I stepped outside, upset that I'll never live or sleep in London again.

"Goodbye," I whispered and I squeezed both of my eyes shut.

Knowing that I was saying my final farewell to the first home I could properly call home hurt a lot.

It made me feel lost.

Sorry for the speedy chapter, I wanted to start killing characters as soon as possible...

I'm ONLY JOKING!

...

Maybe...

Hehehe...

I'm sorry that this was so rushed again, please do not steal my elbows, fingers or toenails or my replaced kneecaps. They are precious and I only have a limited amount of them.